wr 450 vs klx 450r

4 replies to this topic
  • honxl

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:02 PM

I am looking at buying one of these bikes new. Both 09s. I hear the KLX is a faster stronger bike etc. what have you guys experienced with your new wr's or klx's?

what are some pros and cons of the two

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:13 PM

I am looking at buying one of these bikes new. Both 09s. I hear the KLX is a faster stronger bike etc. what have you guys experienced with your new wr's or klx's?

what are some pros and cons of the two

Not sure where you heard they are faster stronger bikes but this topic has been discussed before (do a search)

Also, note in the WR forum your going to get alot of WR is the bike to buy and one of the main reasons is it has been tried and trued for over 10 years compared to the 2 years of the KLX.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrzDasher

Posted June 11, 2009 - 10:04 AM

Both great bikes. Pick a color as long it isn't red and enjoy.

• stev0

Posted June 11, 2009 - 12:39 PM

Its true what he says.. its riders prefferance on board to board.

The only reason Id buy another Wr is the great service ive had from mine - 5000 miles no trouble - not even valves.
I have mates with CRFS with their bike more in the shop then anything else. to me the klx might have to prove itself... first.

• blunko

Posted June 15, 2009 - 12:59 AM

Kawi, faster, stronger??? Hmm who ya been talking to? Kawi owner?
Look, put a gun rider on a kawi, and yeah, it'll smoke the WR, and visa-versa... get my drift...
They're both very fast bikes and if you can ride them off-road WOT to their max capacity, then you're in a minority group.

Toss a coin. They're both great bikes. The Kawi tapers off a bit in the top end compared to the Yamaha IMO and is juuust a tad heavier, but it's still a top mount and you'll love either one. See which one you can get the better deal on if you can't decide for yourself. The WR's tend to have a bit more available in aftermarket gear too if that's your thing.

The WR has been around for sometime now and has proven itself as a pretty reliable option.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.