Yamaha WR450F cam timing is it ok (PICTURE)

8 replies to this topic
  • Mr-Brightside

Posted June 10, 2009 - 12:19 PM

I recently checked and adjusted one valve on my 2004 WR450F. I have put the camshafts back on the bike but am not a mechanic but a long chalk. Although I can do basics. Just wanted to post a picture of how I have put it back to see if I have done it right. The bike is a TDC in the picture...Many thanks for any replys.

Posted Image

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 10, 2009 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

Looks good to me :thumbsup:

Anyone else want to double check my looking at his picture :lol:

• Mr-Brightside

Posted June 10, 2009 - 12:41 PM

I went by the 14 pin thoery. I figured that putting 13 pins between the timing marks would make the puch marks level with the clinder head not line up.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 10, 2009 - 12:59 PM

Is the chain tensioner on in this photo?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mr-Brightside

Posted June 10, 2009 - 01:00 PM

yes it is

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 10, 2009 - 01:01 PM

Yeah....looks good to me :thumbsup:

• bloodline

Posted June 10, 2009 - 02:13 PM

Good to go.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 10, 2009 - 02:29 PM

I went by the 14 pin thoery. I figured that putting 13 pins between the timing marks would make the puch marks level with the clinder head not line up.

The only time one would want to count pins is if a 450 exhaust cam was going into a 400/426 motor.

Other then that, the timing marks are there for a reason and should be the only way to go when timing the motor :thumbsup:

Like everyone has said, the photo above shows a correctly timed motor :lol:

• Mr-Brightside

Posted June 10, 2009 - 02:31 PM

thanks for your imput guys...nice to know I done somthing right..lol...Just gotta refit a mixture screw in the carb and i will be good to go...the other one fell out!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.