2010 YZ450F Red and White Confirmed

56 replies to this topic
  • kx1984

Posted June 09, 2009 - 08:47 PM

I am bummed. I love the Blue. I love the Blue. Did I say I love the Blue? Here is a Big hint and the change comming. http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/

• 350warrior

Posted June 09, 2009 - 08:51 PM

WHY! :thumbsup:

• rickallen124

Posted June 09, 2009 - 08:54 PM

I think they are talking about Stewart's red #1 plate. It probably will be red and white though.

• NortonMoto

Posted June 09, 2009 - 08:55 PM

Whats on link?

• sconeracing

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:29 AM

Ya I think they are talkin about the #1 plate

• live4speed

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:42 AM

im honestly not sure what that had to do with the color of the bike, i think it had some other sort of hidden meaning...yamaha is blue, they will probably always be blue...

• Wiz636

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:51 AM

I think they are talking about Stewart's red #1 plate. It probably will be red and white though.

Ya I think they are talkin about the #1 plate

If that was the case one would think that the picture would be with his #1 plate, not the white/black #7

I guess we will ust have to wait and see, huh? I just hope it does not have a red seat :thumbsup:

• DEGBTI

Posted June 10, 2009 - 02:15 PM

sorry, i have to gloat, told you so. where do i pick up my prize?

• RCannon

Posted June 10, 2009 - 03:01 PM

Yea, thats talkign about the red plate. I can see them making a blue model and a red/white model. By doing so they can charge a premium on the "special" color...oh wait, they have been doing this since 2006.

• KAS

Posted June 10, 2009 - 03:04 PM

Uhhh....I also think the big hint is the entire color scheme of their site is red/white/black.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdjohnson55

Posted June 10, 2009 - 03:05 PM

Just get it over with and go back to the old black and yellow....

Yes I'm an old school Yamaha guy....

• KAS

Posted June 10, 2009 - 06:42 PM

If you want more proof just head over to www.yamaha-motor.com

You'll figure it out from there.

• B_DRZ

Posted June 10, 2009 - 07:11 PM

Does that mean that we are going to have yamaha engines in our fiats now, or fiat engines in our Chrysler products, or chrysler engines in the yamahas, or yamaha engines in the Chrysler products........... confused why fiat sponsered Yamaha, and fiat bought into chysler, but whats with ducati, isnt that italian, what .........the ...........hell

:thumbsup:

• KJ790

Posted June 10, 2009 - 07:17 PM

If you want more proof just head over to www.yamaha-motor.com

You'll figure it out from there.

They've been using the read theme and logo on their website and in advertisements for a few years, this proves nothing. Why weren't people freaking out three years ago when they had 'Yamaha' written in red in magazine advertisements?

• FinchFan194

Posted June 10, 2009 - 07:19 PM

They've been using the read theme and logo on their website and in advertisements for a few years, this proves nothing. Why weren't people freaking out three years ago when they had 'Yamaha' written in red in magazine advertisements?

I agree KJ790 I am willing to bet the special edition will be white and red instead of white and grey or black.

• DND

Posted June 10, 2009 - 07:50 PM

Here we go again! Pick a frikkin' color and stick with it already. It's called brand identity and it's a good thing.

When I was a kid the U.S. & Canadian YZ's were yellow and black while the Euro's were white and red. Then in '82 we went W/R while the southern brothers stayed Y/B. There was some tension over that one whenever we raced south of the border, I can tell you that. Then we were all W/R and things settled down. Then W/Pink and nobody was impressed except Broc Glover in his flaming JT gear. Fine they called it magenta, looked like pink to me. Then all was right with the world while we had peace with the blue shades.

What is wrong with being able to tell what make of bike is in the back of the pickup going the other way on the highway in a split second as it speeds past?

There, I feel better. But they better keep a blue version. :thumbsup:

And through all this Suzukis were yellow, Kawi's were green and Hondas were varying shades or red/orange. All I want is world peace, is that so hard?

• grayracer513

Posted June 10, 2009 - 07:54 PM

Does that mean that we are going to have yamaha engines in our fiats now, ...?

There are already Yamaha engines in Fords and Volvos.

• Decreasing Dave

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:27 PM

im honestly not sure what that had to do with the color of the bike, i think it had some other sort of hidden meaning...yamaha is blue, they will probably always be blue...

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Johnny, what do we have for our loser?? j/k

Yamaha announced this summer that they were returning to Red and White as their base colors. They shipped new signs to the dealers and everything. One of the previous posters is right, check out the Yami ads in the mags. The logos are red and white.

Could be worse, they could go back to the white and hot pink days.....

Dave

• Decreasing Dave

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:28 PM

There are already Yamaha engines in Fords and Volvos.

Toyota has been running Yamaha technology for many years.

Dave

• live4speed

Posted June 11, 2009 - 05:37 AM

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Johnny, what do we have for our loser?? j/k

Yamaha announced this summer that they were returning to Red and White as their base colors. They shipped new signs to the dealers and everything. One of the previous posters is right, check out the Yami ads in the mags. The logos are red and white.

Could be worse, they could go back to the white and hot pink days.....

Dave

yea but the Canadian and European Yamaha brands have always has red lettering and logos, but the bikes were blue...i guess i just don't understand why Yamaha would do this...it doesn't make sense...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.