Rattle inside frame???

6 replies to this topic
  • Aka.Goose

Posted June 09, 2009 - 07:17 PM

Was cleaning up the frame today...Have the motor coming tomorrow...
There's a strange rattle that sounds like it's coming from inside the crossbeam on the upper part of the frame (under the seat)...It's definitely not something that got into the side tubes from the head, it seems to be coming from inside the sealed crossbeam...I'll post a pic...Sounds like a metal nut rolling around in there or something...Inside a welded closed crossbeam?
What gives??? That rattle when the frame is shaken resonates throughout the entire frame...
Please help ASAP as I was about to put the new motor in as soon as it arrived...
:thumbsup:
Posted Image

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 10, 2009 - 09:05 AM

Motor is here...I'm holding off putting it in, to see if anyone has any ideas about the rattle???
I almost want to take it to a welder and open it up and pull out whatever the hell it is...I'm positive that it will cause vibration noise...

• clutchless

Posted June 10, 2009 - 09:20 AM

i would say it could be some weld spatter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x-ride

Posted June 10, 2009 - 09:54 AM

spray some industrial spray foam in there, that'll shut er up.

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 10, 2009 - 10:09 AM

GREAT IDEA!!! I'm gonna try it...

• Aka.Goose

Posted June 10, 2009 - 05:52 PM

Worked like a charm...Thanks man!
I used a ball pump needle on the end of the spay tip (it threaded right on perfectly)...
Rattle is gone...
Posted Image
Posted Image

• x-ride

Posted June 11, 2009 - 03:27 AM

sweet man, glad I could help.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.