07 WR450f deceleration popping

5 replies to this topic
  • Andot09

Posted June 09, 2009 - 03:36 AM

Hi, my new (second hand) Wr450f has an annoying, loud pop noise as i decelerate. It only seems to happen for the first 20-30mins of a ride even after i let it warm up for 5ish. The baffles have been removed from the exhaust. I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop this as it is extremely annoying.

• ww44wrf450f

Posted June 09, 2009 - 04:41 AM

try this link see --- grayracer513 link? give him some gas :thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted June 09, 2009 - 08:28 AM

Does the Australian bike have the AIS on it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Andot09

Posted June 09, 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hey thanks for the link and no the australian bikes dont have AIS. After reading from the link i still cant understand why it stopped as it got later in the day?

• ranger85

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:22 AM

If it goes away later in the day, or after the bike is real good and hot, than it sounds like you are a little lean on your pilot. It's getting hotter in the day, thus richening the mixture. Try going up a size on your pilot jet and set the fuel screw to 1 1/2 to 2 turns out.

• Andot09

Posted June 11, 2009 - 02:47 AM

Thanks for the help, ill give that richer pilot jet a go because it sounds logical. I have a feeling a richer one came with the bike anyway. Thanks

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.