Uncorking/lightening an XR650L

2 replies to this topic
  • Blade275

Posted March 15, 2003 - 07:23 PM

how can I go about uncorking/lightening my dads XR650L. is it possible to replace the metal tank and remove the smog crap?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AzMtnThumper

Posted March 16, 2003 - 05:41 PM

I would check with Baja Designs, they are into the XR650L more than any other outfit I know. I think I saw a smog block off kit somewhere on their site and mention of a diet plan for the L. You might also try a search on Hondaxr.com there are several guys riding L's over there. Have you checked clarke and ims websites for a plastic/higher capacity gas tank? Good Luck.

• stonewall

Posted March 17, 2003 - 05:03 AM

Baja Designs easily shaved 16.5 lbs. from the L model. Replacing the stock tank and wings with a plastic tank saves 7 lbs. and the smog block off kit gets rid of another 2 lbs. 4 oz. The taillight assembly is huge and can be replaced with with a much smaller one. There is a block off kit on eBay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=35595

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.