Nut backed off.

2 replies to this topic
  • Will450

Posted March 15, 2003 - 01:31 PM

I opened the access hole, got a wrench on it and tightened with the bike in gear and brake on.
Now it won't start. Just spins and pops a little.
Does it need to go back to dealer?
BTW it's 2 days old and I'm starting not to like it very much already.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrenduro450

Posted March 15, 2003 - 01:35 PM

Oh no :) :D. You might want to take it back. Did they jet the bike before you took it home. I work at a yamaha dealership and I haven't seen one yet be jetted right. If the nut was lose maybe the key is sheard :D :D. Check plug also. :D :D good luck.

• Will450

Posted March 15, 2003 - 01:46 PM

I put in a fresh plug. I guess now the timing is off?
When the starter just started spinning I removed the access plug and retightned the nut as tight as I could and now the bike will turn over but as I said it just pops and spins.
Is the timing off now? or what?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.