Trick to getting plug out?

4 replies to this topic
  • Will450

Posted March 15, 2003 - 12:54 PM

Please don't tell me the engine has to come out of the frame.

• Will450

Posted March 15, 2003 - 01:27 PM

Never mind.
Bear with me I'm coming off a 2 stroke.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpster

Posted March 15, 2003 - 01:28 PM

Huh?? On my old YZ400, I had easy access with the tank removed. I didn't change the plug often but when the tank was off that's when I would take a look at it.

• Bill

Posted March 15, 2003 - 01:28 PM

I've heard of members being able to get the plug out, without pulling the tank. I pull the seat, take the bolts on the shroud where they bolt into the radiators out and pull the tank. I then use an extension with a wobble end or an extension with a universal to pull the plug. I can change plugs in a couple of minutes.

Bill :)

• wrenduro450

Posted March 15, 2003 - 01:30 PM

The only time to take the engine out is to change the oil :D :D. Anyway it is alot different than a two stroke. Yz 450 is easy but the wr :D :D. The bike rocks anyway. Good luck :D :) :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.