High handlebar help

6 replies to this topic
  • levy1

Posted September 08, 2002 - 02:10 PM

I am 6 ft 1 in and I need a higher handlebar. I see the protaper recommends a Honda High for a tall rider but other bars they sell are higher. Any recommendations? Thanks

• FedEx250F

Posted September 08, 2002 - 03:47 PM

I'm 6'4" and ride with Renthal Jimmy Button Bars. They are excellent!

• Jim_Bob

Posted September 08, 2002 - 03:52 PM

6'4"- Jimmy Button Renthals + 10mm spacers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ktmscott1x

Posted September 08, 2002 - 06:54 PM

try the MOOSE fat bars, CR hi they are even higher than the button bends

• The_Missile

Posted September 08, 2002 - 11:50 PM

High bars + spacers, tall seat foam and lowered footpegs are the way to go for us vertically unchallenged types.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 09, 2002 - 07:18 AM

Best money I have spent on ANY bike has been the Thumper Racing +1.5" Bar Risers. At 6'4" taller bars alone is not an answer. You really want to move the bars Up & Forward. My wife is 5'11" and loves the +1" bar risers I put on her bike.

I have a pic of the set up on my WR if you'd like me to email it to you.

• levy1

Posted September 09, 2002 - 02:36 PM

My ridding buddies are trying to talk me into the Scotts steering damper when I change the bars.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.