Rekluse EXP Core clutch

17 replies to this topic
  • mike_dean

Posted June 07, 2009 - 08:31 AM

Has anybody tried one yet, I see that a pro mx'er is using one, interesting design and simple.

• 7I3N

Posted June 07, 2009 - 07:19 PM

Has anybody tried one yet, I see that a pro mx'er is using one, interesting design and simple.

I installed one in my 05 YZ450F last week and rode it for the first time today. It is awesome. The clutch lever feels just like stock. It was easy to install and adjustable. My bike has a 4 speed transmission with a very tall first gear and a light flywheel. Tight trails were a nightmare before. Rode some really knarly stuff today and it never stalled once. I will never own a bike without one of these again. :thumbsup:

• mike_dean

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:59 AM

I installed one in my 05 YZ450F last week and rode it for the first time today. It is awesome. The clutch lever feels just like stock. It was easy to install and adjustable. My bike has a 4 speed transmission with a very tall first gear and a light flywheel. Tight trails were a nightmare before. Rode some really knarly stuff today and it never stalled once. I will never own a bike without one of these again. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info., where did you get it? Mike

• 7I3N

Posted June 09, 2009 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the info., where did you get it? Mike

Got it from my local Yamaha dealer. Rekluse's website has a dealer locator by zip code. The EXP Core Clutch is so new it hasn't made it's way into any of the mail order or online catalog stores yet that I could find.

http://www.rekluse.c...cator/index.php

• TIG88

Posted June 09, 2009 - 11:31 AM

How much did it cost ya, if you dont mind me asking?

• 7I3N

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:33 PM

You know what they say, "A man will spend $3 for a $1 item he needs. A woman will spend $1 for a $3 item she has no use for." I paid full pop ($800).

• mike_dean

Posted June 16, 2009 - 01:06 PM

Got it from my local Yamaha dealer. Rekluse's website has a dealer locator by zip code. The EXP Core Clutch is so new it hasn't made it's way into any of the mail order or online catalog stores yet that I could find.

http://www.rekluse.c...cator/index.php

Just found out TT store can get them for a discount.

Posted June 16, 2009 - 06:43 PM

So is this a full auto clutch like the z-start or a anti stall device? Can you give it gas without any clutch work and it moves forward?

• mike_dean

Posted June 17, 2009 - 09:16 AM

You don't need to use the clutch, or you can use it like a regular clutch and it feels the same, when the engine is idling it is disengaged.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoXT

Posted June 17, 2009 - 10:42 AM

You don't need to use the clutch, or you can use it like a regular clutch and it feels the same, when the engine is idling it is disengaged.

So what is the difference between it and the Rekluse Pro?

• mike_dean

Posted June 17, 2009 - 04:49 PM

So what is the difference between it and the Rekluse Pro?

Less complicated, easier to install, and uninstall, smoother, adjustable.

• 642MX

Posted June 17, 2009 - 06:57 PM

Less complicated, easier to install, and uninstall, smoother, adjustable.

If the above is true..... it would install itself, uninstall itself and adjust itself.... :worthy:

I don't see how it could better than the Pro, but maybe it is.

• rjcook450

Posted June 17, 2009 - 08:08 PM

latest dirt bike, and motocross mags. have write ups on it, sounds ideal, still able to use clutch like normal at anytime, yet not beable to stall bike, they said you can put in 2nd on starting line with clutch lever out and just sit there and idle, then when gate drops hit throttle and go.

• green flash

Posted June 18, 2009 - 01:28 AM

Highly recommended for trail riding.

• PAdaytonaman

Posted June 18, 2009 - 04:59 AM

I spoke to Rekluse about this and they said that the exp won't behave like the pro in that the pro will allow the bike to freewheel and also act like traction control. The exp acts more like a true automatic clutch with the benefit being anti stall and clutchless shifting.

My guess is the exp wont have as big an effect on the braking bumps and other areas on the track that the pro helps out with. I think its a simpler approach than the pro. MXA loves it.

The Adige BTL clutch sounds very cool as well.

• mike_dean

Posted June 24, 2009 - 05:04 PM

Just installed the EXP tonight, the best investment I've put into a bike in years, tried to stall the bike and can't, very smooth, I can't clutch out that smooth, landed a small jump in the yard with the brakes on at low rpm just gassed and rode away, nail the throttle and hit the brakes and release the brakes and I'm right back where I was, lock the brakes to start a slide and then gas thru the turn never touching the clutch. Now I have to figure out what to do with my left middle finger. I've always had my finger on the clutch because the bike has stalled after landing jumps, tight corners, etc, even with the heavy flywheel and high idle, now I have the idle set down and don't need the flywheel. I was never an auto clutch guy but I don't think I'll have a bike with out one now, will hit the track this weekend and then will know for sure, I think I'll be more comfortable not worrying about the stall. Mike

• WB450

Posted June 25, 2009 - 07:01 AM

I'm getting a pro, can't see the extra money being worth it. JMO.

• green flash

Posted June 25, 2009 - 10:30 AM

Spend that extra $$, and get the better one, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.