04 WR450F Hesitation when changing gear

2 replies to this topic
  • Mr-Brightside

Posted June 06, 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hello,
my bike has a slight hesitation when I change gear. The bike has stock jetting. It feels more lile the clutch cable is not pulling the cluctch tight enough. Is there anything i can do? i have ajusted the cable via the adjuster but it seems to just move the biting point out further. is my cable worn?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hello,
my bike has a slight hesitation when I change gear. The bike has stock jetting. It feels more lile the clutch cable is not pulling the cluctch tight enough. Is there anything i can do? i have ajusted the cable via the adjuster but it seems to just move the biting point out further. is my cable worn?

Can you be more specific about the 'hesitation'?
Do mean the rpms stay high then drop a moment after releasing the clutch? That would mean something in the clutch is either slipping, or the engagement is dragging before full plate contact(?)

Or maybe you still have the TPS plugged in and you are getting a igintion 'glitch'?

• Mr-Brightside

Posted June 07, 2009 - 12:08 AM

its as if when i change from first to second the bike kinda holds back a little and then speeds up. Could this have anything to do with the alcelerator pump? the squirt?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.