carb screwed

5 replies to this topic
  • randytbo98

Posted June 06, 2009 - 06:31 AM

i think my carb has some issues. im just wondering if an fcr from a crf or a yzf 450 will work on my 400?

• grayracer513

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:52 AM

It should work fine. It may take a little while to get the jetting right, but it should come close to the stock jetting for the bike it came on.

Start by getting the main jet somewhere near right, then dialing the pilot circuit, then the main, the needle position, and then recheck the pilot. The needle may need to be changed entirely.

http://www.thumperta...699#post2881699

• randytbo98

Posted June 06, 2009 - 08:48 AM

has anyone tried the crf 450 carb, any troubles? tips for jetting. throttle cables hook up ok??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • randytbo98

Posted June 06, 2009 - 10:20 AM

does anyone know where i could get a new float bowl for my original carb. mine just keeps letting fuel into the acc pump and it floods it or is there a fix for it

• grayracer513

Posted June 06, 2009 - 01:30 PM

Fuel enters the accel pump freely when the carb works as it should. If you have a flooding situation, it's due to the float needle/seat failing to shut off the fuel correctly, not an accelerator pump fault.

• randytbo98

Posted June 06, 2009 - 05:00 PM

Fuel enters the accel pump freely when the carb works as it should. If you have a flooding situation, it's due to the float needle/seat failing to shut off the fuel correctly, not an accelerator pump fault.

it was plugged and i was poking at it with a small peice of wire and whatever would fit in there is there anyway i could have messed up the check valve or whatever is in there. first when i tried getting it running i was having the lean running condition that i had posted about before and now the lean problem is better but still there a bit but now once i screw with it it ends up flooded real bad like i can use the hot start with the petcock in the off position and change the plucg twice and still no start. this is really frustrating me i dont know what is going on. everytime i take it apart its acting different but the lean condition stays it just changes a bit. the carb worked fine before the rebuild i went from a 400 to a 426 thats it. it should run somewhat. someone please help me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.