What kind of helmet should I buy???

10 replies to this topic
  • fastmonstr

Posted September 07, 2002 - 07:30 AM

Whats your favorite lid???

• huskyrider

Posted September 07, 2002 - 07:43 AM

Any affordable full face that'll color match the gear and bike I'm riding.
I see you live in Austin. Do you know of any good riding in the hill country where you could camp out for the weekend and have a good selection of trails to pick from.

• Fryboy

Posted September 07, 2002 - 08:00 AM

Any Snell 2000 certified helmet in the 200.00 range.

• stanley

Posted September 07, 2002 - 09:56 PM

If it is comfortable, meets Snell 2k, and is priced nowhere near an Arai (although I love their helmets) I will buy it.

• Vibeguy

Posted September 07, 2002 - 10:39 AM

Had to finally give up the Bell Moto 3, it was pure he$$ getting the rotten foam pieces out of my hair!

Tried on half a dozen different helmets at the local dealer, including a $500 Shoei and found I liked the KBC the best for a nice snug fit with no pinch points. Plus it as $134 on sale.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted September 07, 2002 - 03:38 PM

HJC, CLX3 around $120, comfortable, removable washable liner, DOT and SNELL approved.

• SMD

Posted September 07, 2002 - 04:27 PM

Dude get the ARAI :)

• banffboy

Posted September 07, 2002 - 04:28 PM

MSR Superlight

• Thumpin'_Canuck

Posted September 07, 2002 - 04:46 PM

If you try on an Arai, you won't want anything else. Considering the material you will be putting in this product, you can/can not justify the extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Damn, I sound like I could be a sales rep.(not)lol

• SealClubber

Posted September 08, 2002 - 05:32 PM

If its not Snell rated it is junk. Plain and simple. After that it is just personal preference.

• Durango_Dave

Posted September 08, 2002 - 05:53 PM

I tried on a lot of helmets including the $500 Shoei and most fit the front of my head like a nutcracker - bought an Arai and when I'm riding I don't even notice that I have it on. You've got to go with whatever fits the shape of your own head! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.