Paint Codes

7 replies to this topic
  • Punisher660

Posted June 04, 2009 - 02:15 PM

Does anyone know the paint codes for Yamaha Blue (on the frame)
and Silver (on the swingarm)?

PJ1 no longer makes frame paint.

I know Colorright has them, but they want over $100 for all the components (primer, clearcoat, paint, etc) in a spray can and then they screw you on shipping and a "fuel surcharge". I just don't want to get screwed that bad. If I can find the color codes, I can get professional auto-body paint for the same $100 and get enough to do the bike 5 times over. :crazy:

TIA

• Charles De Mar

Posted June 04, 2009 - 02:20 PM

Does anyone know the paint codes for Yamaha Blue (on the frame)
and Silver (on the swingarm)?

PJ1 no longer makes frame paint.

I know Colorright has them, but they want over $100 for all the components (primer, clearcoat, paint, etc) in a spray can and then they screw you on shipping and a "fuel surcharge". I just don't want to get screwed that bad. If I can find the color codes, I can get professional auto-body paint for the same $100 and get enough to do the bike 5 times over. :crazy:

TIA

Have you thought about a winter tear down and powder coat?

• Punisher660

Posted June 04, 2009 - 02:35 PM

I would if I was going to keep this bike. It's actually my sons YZ85 (but the colors are the same as the WR) and I am selling it to get him a 250f.

The machine is in great mechanical shape, but it has the typical frame rubbing from the boots and needs new graphics in order to get top dollar.

I don't mind putting some money into it to make it look great, but I was really use to the PJ1 paints at $8.00 per can. Colorrite is just obscene with their prices. I figured if I can get the color codes and buy it from the local paint shop, I would have extra for my other machines for the same price.

• MountainMax

Posted June 04, 2009 - 05:17 PM

I would love the PPG code to mix it like regular automotive paint......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Punisher660

Posted June 04, 2009 - 10:01 PM

I called a few places and they actually have Yamaha Blue by DuPont, but its a 3 part paint and is $75 per part (pint).

I found the PPG code and a NAPA (I didn't know they made paint) code, but I left them at work. I'll post them on Monday.

• ncampion

Posted June 05, 2009 - 06:40 AM

A good auto paint store could also color match the paint if you can provide them with a good sample of the painted surface. Not sure what that would be short of taking the whole frame down.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted June 05, 2009 - 05:55 PM

It isn't just Yamaha Blue... it is called... wait for it....

Deep Purplish Blue!

:crazy:

also usually has some metal flake/metallic in it...

• ncampion

Posted June 20, 2009 - 08:50 PM

It isn't just Yamaha Blue... it is called... wait for it....

Deep Purplish Blue!

:worthy:

also usually has some metal flake/metallic in it...

He's not kidding!!! here it is: http://www.colorrite...FTOKEN=87359334

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.