best way to make a loud pipe quiet.

3 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted June 04, 2009 - 01:13 PM

I never had the tip in my bike. the previous owner removed it , so when i got it , i knocked a couple of holes through the baffles. Its loud. like aftermarket loud but sounds good.

but i need it quiet for some stealth riding.. quiet is the new cool... i dont mind sacrificing a couple hp. A new pipe is not the option yet otherwise id get a custom on made with different inserts.

ideas?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 04, 2009 - 03:33 PM

I never had the tip in my bike. the previous owner removed it , so when i got it , i knocked a couple of holes through the baffles. Its loud. like aftermarket loud but sounds good.

but i need it quiet for some stealth riding.. quiet is the new cool... i dont mind sacrificing a couple hp. A new pipe is not the option yet otherwise id get a custom on made with different inserts.

ideas?

Why don't you just get a new tip? If you have permanently altered the muffler portion of the exhaust, it's not going to be simple to reverse. You need another stock exhaust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DIX

Posted June 04, 2009 - 04:42 PM

I added a DBDawg to mine and Im pretty happy with it. Its a bit quieter, but it seems to take the sharpness out of the exhaust note making it seem quieter if that makes any sense.

http://www.dirtwerkz...st/dB_Dawg.html

• MountainMax

Posted June 04, 2009 - 05:16 PM

I too bought a decibal daug, works great, and it's easily removable for those rides where no one is around to bother....... you can take her out :crazy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.