head gasket

3 replies to this topic
  • keith_king

Posted September 07, 2002 - 02:05 AM

im replacing my head gasket and in the owners manuel they say you need to replace these 4 "crush washers" i have the gasket but the washers will not be in till tuesday and I WANT TO RIDE do any of you guys know if i have to replace them? or do they just recommend it? thanks guys

• hsstar

Posted September 07, 2002 - 03:33 AM

If these crush washers are sealing the oil lines they will most likely leak. It they are the washers on the head bolts they can be used over and over.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted September 07, 2002 - 01:43 PM

Which crush washers are you referring to? If you're talking about the ones that seal the external oil line, I've had good success reusing the old ones. As a general rule, all manufacturers recommend replacing *any* sealing washers.

• AZWR426

Posted September 08, 2002 - 07:05 PM

Roger That on the oil o-rings,washers. I bought new ones for my first oil change but when I took the filter housing and oil lines off they looked fine. So I reused them figuring at most they would weep a bit. And not even a drop ever formed so I guess it's just Yamahaha's way....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.