whats some of your best get offs!!!!!!!

8 replies to this topic
  • hoppalong426

Posted September 06, 2002 - 06:07 PM

I for one, remember going over the handlebar's and holding a hand stand before crashing, that seemed like an hour,In front of check two at a SOCAL national. WOW!! (And walked away)

• ISBB

Posted September 06, 2002 - 07:13 PM

Best dismount... I would have to say... 3rd gear wide open off a 15 foot razor back... suspension wound up waay to tight since it was a new bike bottomed out full front flip with a twist and 2 broken ankles... yup that was my best one yet...

• HaremScarem

Posted September 06, 2002 - 11:40 PM

A Buddy and I went to a pratice track after being up drinking all night. I Went ripping for a nice jump and blacked out in mid air. They say it looked like "You just went to sleep on the tank". When I woke up, there was about 5 to 8 guys looking down at me. I was out for 15 minutes.
The bike was all tore up. I had no idea were I was or how I got there. After I gathered my wits,
I went went back to the truck were my Friend was waiting. He yells " Where the #^%$ have you been and what the ^&@% happened to MY BIKE!
:) :D :D :D
Piece of crap Suzuki's will do this to ya!

That was 22 years ago.

• james_b

Posted September 07, 2002 - 01:55 AM

BBEST GET OFF: THE LAST MOTO OF THE DAY, A LITTLE
BIT TIRED, GOING TO HIT A STEEP 30 FOOT TABLE,COMPLETELY LOOPED BIKE. I WAS ABLE TO KEEP MY
FEET OUT IN FRONT OF ME. I SLID DOWN THE BACKSIDE
OF THE TABLE LIKE A KID ON A PARK SLIDE AS I WATCHED
BIKE TUMBLE AWAY FROM ME.!
BROKEN PART LIST:
1. BENT HANDLEBARS
2. BENT FLANGE ON SUBFRAME
3. BENT SILENCER INTO PRETZEL
4. REAR FENDER CRACKED TO OBLIVION
5. BENT FLANGE ON PRO-CIRCUIT PIPE
6. BROKEN SEAT BRACKET RIVETS.
'97 RM250 :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted September 07, 2002 - 05:30 AM

Best get off, My 96 KTM620rxc about 70MPH in the DESERT 100 in WA tons of rocks and skinny trails.over the bars and all I remember was how bright that headlight was. OUCH!

• JDOregon

Posted September 07, 2002 - 07:01 AM

I was 13 years old, on a '83 yz100, doing 55-60 mph on the beach, and I hit a 1' high sand shelf that I didn't see until it was too late. I went over the bars and rolled for about 100'. Couldn't move for 5 minutes. Bike started on first kick once I could get up...

• John_H

Posted September 07, 2002 - 07:19 AM

After my last one, I know the ones that never happened are the best!! :) :D

• SealClubber

Posted September 07, 2002 - 06:03 PM

I was stopped at a Poker Run checkpoint. I put the bike in gear, floored it and expected to move out. Problem was the bike didn't go into gear and my foot got stuck on the pegs and down I went with about 50 people watching. :)
My buddy yelled out "WHO BROUGHT THE COOL GUY!" and took off.
The worst part was my bike flooded and I couldn't get it started for about 5 min. :D

• YZ-Red

Posted September 07, 2002 - 06:21 PM

I was Powering over a fourth gear rise and gave my CR500 full throttle to pull a wheelie and the throttle jammed on full - result knocked me senseless and broke two ribs and my tail bone. grazed scratched ripped and twisted everything. My bike ended up thirty feet off the side of the track down a gully, but was virtually un-damaged.

Haven't been able to ride since (11 months now, because of tail bone).

Also about 12 years ago I flipped my 1988 Cr 500 in top gear on a gravel road with jeans on, but I kept hold of the bars as it went over landing on the gravel with my knees, 8 stiches in one knee and three in the other, you could see my knee caps on both sides.

I carried on though and finished the ride which took another hour - the things you do when you are young ha !!

That was the day I learned of the importance of proper riding gear.

cheers
Red

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.