YZ426F high altitude jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • dukeyaz

Posted June 03, 2009 - 12:00 PM

Headed to Dillon Colorado from June 11th to 24th and would like information on what size jets I should potentially be using.
If anyone can help that would be great.
Not sure what Jets are in it currently,:eek: guess I better check that tonight for a starting point.
Also if anyone lives around there and has any :crazy: plans, I would love to invite myself along.
2001 YZ426F White Brothers exhaust.

I have not checked on here much so please show me some patience

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jimmydoorlocks

Posted June 03, 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'm going to be of little help here.
I live in Denver (a full 4000 ft lower than Dillon) and am running a 2000 426 that I'm also trying to get the jetting worked out on. My jetting is stock (except for I have the external fuel screw now) and the biggest problem I run into is that the main is rich when I'm WFO. Depending on what your jetting is now, where you run the bike now (there are some high altitude, dry places in Arizona too), and how you feel about jetting, there are about an infinite amount of ways you could set it up.
Your best bet is to see what you're working with, then read the stickys (jetting database) at the top of the page. You can also go to the intake page in the technical forums section. The guys and gals on here are great and there is a ton of info that's already been posted, you just have to know where to look. :crazy:
I'd be interested to see what you end up going with and how it works out. Please keep us posted and add what you find out to the jetting database. Have fun in Colorful Colorado!! :eek:

• shawnbo

Posted June 03, 2009 - 02:27 PM

I live in Castle Rock. I ride at 5000+ feet.

Main Jet: 162
Pilot Jet: 42 (stock)
Starter Jet: 72 (stock)
Leak Jet (if any): N/A
Fuel screw/Setting: 2 turns out
Needle/Position: JD blue needle/4th ring
Mods: Pro Circuit full exhuast

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.