paddle for 06 8 or 10-Sand Snake MX

22 replies to this topic
  • husqy360

Posted June 02, 2009 - 05:55 PM

nothing like dunes so i just got my first paddle tire Sand Snake MX 10 paddles.

the paddles seems smaller then other brands but i got a great deal.

should i go change it to the 8 or keep the 10.

ill be using it for deep hill climbs,cruising in the trails and some drag.

10 will hurt the engine? what about less power?

what you guys think ?

cheers.

• husqy360

Posted June 02, 2009 - 06:17 PM

1 of the dunes.

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 02, 2009 - 07:27 PM

iv always ran 8 paddles been riding dunes for 15 years. on my 450 an 8 is perfect its all i will run, a 10 will make your bike work a little harder because its spinning 2 more paddles= more weight=more power to spin it. i would go with an 8 if you can thats just my opinion:ride:

• FinchFan194

Posted June 02, 2009 - 08:40 PM

Get a Kings Tire 8 paddle they have these cool notches in between the paddles that make it so you ass end wont wash out I love how they work

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 03, 2009 - 05:35 AM

Get a Kings Tire 8 paddle they have these cool notches in between the paddles that make it so you ass end wont wash out I love how they work

is that the one that has the fins inbetween each paddle, i personally never ran one but my uncle did and he didnt like it because he says he couldnt carve as well as the regular sand pro,he switched back to a sand pro after about 7 months, i use sand pros, has any one used that razor back tire for the front im curious to try one?

• thumpyz

Posted June 03, 2009 - 08:34 AM

i ran a 10 paddle for the first time last season at glamis. it is pretty sweet, and it shreds hill climbs. the only thing i didnt like is that it wanted to lug more in the slower stuff keeping me in 1st and 2nd gear alot. i didnt notice any power issues, it was really great except for the low speed stuff.

• FinchFan194

Posted June 03, 2009 - 01:52 PM

is that the one that has the fins inbetween each paddle, i personally never ran one but my uncle did and he didnt like it because he says he couldnt carve as well as the regular sand pro,he switched back to a sand pro after about 7 months, i use sand pros, has any one used that razor back tire for the front im curious to try one?

No, not fins it has like 1/4"x1/4" ridges that are 4 or so inches long on both sides of the tire. You can still carve no prob but it is more controlled the bike won't slip out anymore its pretty damn cool I think!

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 03, 2009 - 01:55 PM

No, not fins it has like 1/4"x1/4" ridges that are 4 or so inches long on both sides of the tire. You can still carve no prob but it is more controlled the bike won't slip out anymore its pretty damn cool I think!

oh ok, i know which one your talking about, i might give that one a try when i need a new paddle

• husqy360

Posted June 03, 2009 - 03:57 PM

the only tire they sale around here is the sand snake, they cant even order the kings tire.

8-10?

scops are alot smaller compare to the kings tire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 03, 2009 - 05:31 PM

the only tire they sale around here is the sand snake, they cant even order the kings tire.

8-10?

scops are alot smaller compare to the kings tire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

i use the sand snake and sand pro both hold up great get an 8 paddle:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husqy360

Posted June 04, 2009 - 12:43 PM

damn

i read all threads about paddles in all the tt forums and its seems preety close.

:crazy:

• FinchFan194

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:22 PM

oh ok, i know which one your talking about, i might give that one a try when i need a new paddle

Ya it is pretty sweet hooks up pretty darn good for sand you can just blow by the tools on quads!:crazy:

• mitchicle

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:54 PM

Does Kings make a 10 paddle? If so where can i get one?

• FinchFan194

Posted June 04, 2009 - 09:14 PM

Does Kings make a 10 paddle? If so where can i get one?

I am pretty sure they dont but the paddles on it are the size of Texas they dig deep. I am willing to bet their paddles are at least 50% taller than most other brands that I know of so you are getting more surface area.

With mine I can do 4th gear wheelis no prob if that helps.

• XenonX

Posted June 04, 2009 - 09:30 PM

I run the Kings 8 paddle on my CRF 450r. I like it the best.
I run it at 8lbs in the sand.

I have run a 10 paddle on my CR500 and no one wants to ride behind me!
I tore up my 8 paddle and this was all I could find where I was at. 8 paddles is enough.

If the paddles are shallow as you show in the picture, I suppose 10 would be fine. All of the Skat Trak and King paddles I have run have deep paddles.

Posted Image

• husqy360

Posted June 04, 2009 - 10:57 PM

got the 8 paddle ams.

damn paddles, toke me over an hour to mount it and then its not even close to be on right. wow that is 1 stiff tire.
biggest problem is the rim holder, tire dosnt seat right all uneven.
guess ill go to the shop and pay 30 bucks.

:eek: :crazy:

• XenonX

Posted June 05, 2009 - 12:42 AM

Yep...that is why I have a 2nd rear wheel. :crazy:

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 05, 2009 - 06:51 AM

got the 8 paddle ams.

damn paddles, toke me over an hour to mount it and then its not even close to be on right. wow that is 1 stiff tire.
biggest problem is the rim holder, tire dosnt seat right all uneven.
guess ill go to the shop and pay 30 bucks.

:eek: :crazy:

i measured my ams sand snake and my sand pro, the sand snake is smaller thats why its a b*tch to get on i thought it was just me until i pulled out the tape measure.

• husqy360

Posted June 05, 2009 - 11:58 AM

yep the shop machine did it in 5 min :crazy:

• husqy360

Posted June 06, 2009 - 10:19 PM

i use the sand snake and sand pro both hold up great get an 8 paddle:thumbsup:

first ride on 8 and i got more then enough grip. :thumbsup:

10 whould be to much for a stock 450 unless you try to kill it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.