Yamaha wr450 exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • jordan450

Posted June 02, 2009 - 03:33 PM

Does anyone know any rlly good aftermarket exhaust's for this bike. I like a loud exhaust that ranges around 100 to 102 db does anyone no any good ones?:crazy:

• WR_Dave

Posted June 02, 2009 - 06:35 PM

Just gut your stock pipe and thank you for making sure more and more people hate dirtbikes with obnoxious loud exhaust. Here in Alberta we are fighting like mad to keep riding areas open. Joe public on the other hand hates the noise and irresponsible users that make it bad for all of us. Enjoy - :crazy: :eek: - WR Dave

• Scubdawg

Posted June 02, 2009 - 07:31 PM

I have found on here, people do frown upon asking for a loud exaust suggestions. I bought the FMF powercore 4, it sounds great with the SA in, take it out, plug your ears up cause they will bleed!!!:crazy:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 02, 2009 - 07:42 PM

Does anyone know any rlly good aftermarket exhaust's for this bike. I like a loud exhaust that ranges around 100 to 102 db does anyone no any good ones?:crazy:

That is too loud, my friend. You are on your own:ride:

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 02, 2009 - 09:29 PM

I'm sorry but 102 is too loud IMO.

I'd guess my bike is right at around 95 or 96 db and it got a decent tone but some bark when you honk on it. Its not so much the volume of the exhaust as it is the tone.

For example the old KTM RFS EXC bikes tested about 92 db with their stock pipes but their tone was deep. The My WR stock pipe with PMB insert tested 92.5db but it had a "whistlie" tone to it (not deep). IMO it sounded OK but not as good as that generation KTM RFS stock pipe I mentioned earlier.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ranger85

Posted June 02, 2009 - 10:43 PM

DRD or FMF are you best and "only" options IMO. Not to loud, not to quiet, but can be made quiet or loud.

• jordan450

Posted June 03, 2009 - 09:02 AM

My buddy has a big gun evo r and its tested at 101 to 102 and it has a really nice sound.

• Mr-Brightside

Posted June 03, 2009 - 10:07 AM

I have a full titanium akrapovic I am selling

• WRtaz

Posted June 03, 2009 - 10:16 AM

Dr D's with quiet insert. You trying to compete with a Harley neighbor?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 03, 2009 - 04:23 PM

My buddy has a big gun evo r and its tested at 101 to 102 and it has a really nice sound.

:lol: :crazy: :thumbsup: :eek:

• init ref

Posted June 04, 2009 - 06:53 AM

Why do people give a rat's about how their bike sounds? Especially wanting to make it simply louder?

I used to ride with a guy who had a super loud pipe and would rap it during every shift and blip it constantly while idling. Used to.

I don't ride to attract attention. As a matter of fact, I ride to NOT attract attention. Trails and riding areas stay open a lot longer like that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.