2003 WR450f Overheating

5 replies to this topic
  • dbeau626

Posted June 01, 2009 - 01:58 PM

Hello,
I was referred here by the people at south bay riders. I am having trouble with my bike getting hot. I just purchased a pusher fan (4"), and am hoping that will help, It hasnt overheated yet but I am wondering if stopping at a traffic light will provoke this problem. Already running engine ice, and I am told that it doesnt have a thermostat. Anyone have any ideas on keeping the bike cool?
Thanks,

Dave

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 01, 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hello,
I was referred here by the people at south bay riders. I am having trouble with my bike getting hot. I just purchased a pusher fan (4"), and am hoping that will help, It hasnt overheated yet but I am wondering if stopping at a traffic light will provoke this problem. Already running engine ice, and I am told that it doesnt have a thermostat. Anyone have any ideas on keeping the bike cool?
Thanks,

Dave

- is your jetting stock?
- is your pipe stock?
- what does 'having trouble' mean

• gravez

Posted June 01, 2009 - 05:59 PM

The fan will sort it out, I have fitted a 4" Spall fan to my RHS rad, and I ride in city traffic, Manila and allmy heating problems are now solved

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbeau626

Posted June 02, 2009 - 01:27 PM

everything is bone stock, I am meeting with my mechanic wednesday night to check the jetting

• dbeau626

Posted June 02, 2009 - 01:28 PM

The fan will sort it out, I have fitted a 4" Spall fan to my RHS rad, and I ride in city traffic, Manila and allmy heating problems are now solved

was the fan you got a pusher or puller?

• gravez

Posted June 02, 2009 - 04:50 PM

It is a puller mounted on the rear of the rad, pulling the air through so it also works when the bike is moving, have a look at the install pictures I posted a while ago.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.