WR450... in a van?!

5 replies to this topic
  • ez__rider

Posted June 01, 2009 - 04:56 AM

Guys-
I'm looking into buying a van, big or small, with a purpose of being able to weekend in it. I have a small boat that I will trailer with it some of the time, and so am wanting to carry my WR inside the van if possible...
I'm measuring my WR to be about 52 inches tall at the handlebars, and the rear door of vans to be around 50-51 inches...
I think it'll work, but was thinking I'd poke around here...

So, lemme see your pics, and hear any tricks you do.

The alternative would be a hitch-mounted motorcycle carrier that I can then attach my ball carrier to and connect the boat. Don't worry, it's not too much weight: the boat and trailer are only 500 lbs...

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 01, 2009 - 05:13 AM

Chevy Express works great

• bg10459

Posted June 01, 2009 - 05:57 AM

Most of the guys I know use vans. Though I've never tried to fit my WR in one, I can't see it being too much of a difference. Worst case, roll the bars down a bit, but it doubles as a hotel room :crazy:.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stev0

Posted June 01, 2009 - 05:59 AM

Mercedes Vito - Vw Transporter

Vito
Posted Image

Transporter
Posted Image

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 01, 2009 - 07:25 AM

try the Trucks, Trailers, RV's & Toy Haulers forum. Lots of advice and pictures there of guys using vans of all sizes to transport their bikes.

• ncampion

Posted June 01, 2009 - 07:38 AM

A easy trick to reduce height is to take a tie down between the front axel and bars and compress the forks a couple of inches. No problem with the springs for short trips. Did that for my WR in my Dodge van lots of times.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.