spy photo 2010 yzf 450

61 replies to this topic
  • mikeythefokker

Posted July 21, 2009 - 08:46 PM

That thing looks seriously sick. I probably wasn't the only one to notice that there was no kick start lever on that bike. EFI and the magic button. Yamaha may have waited, but it looks like they did it for a good reason. I am curious to see what it weighs? The Honda stayed light, but the kxf and the rmz became pretty porky when they got EFI. If the Yammie stays light, I'm gonna have to buy one.

• yz125_17

Posted July 22, 2009 - 04:09 PM

With all the talk of making the weight of this bike more central i think they could even get away with the bike being heavier in real world weight..im guessing it'll be lighter still

• Goofball1205

Posted July 22, 2009 - 07:42 PM

I didn't think so at first but it kinda looks like it might have an electric start. If you look on the right side cad image behind the where the kickstarter normally is it kinda looks like there is a starter back there where the old carb vent lines ran. it kinda looks like there is an electrical post back there to connect a battery to also. Saying all this I kinda hope it doesn't. its just extra weight I dont mind kicking mine. And if you dont let it stall in the first place then its not necessary during a moto either.

• DPW

Posted July 23, 2009 - 08:58 AM

an idea of what Stewart's bike might look like, 450F of course...

Posted Image

source of pic was motonews user phcross

• Joe_Jet

Posted July 23, 2009 - 04:03 PM

Check out how similar the CAD drawings look especially the counter shaft sprocket cover, front fender and fork guards compared with the 2010 250f released today. This must really be the 10 450!

Posted Image
Posted Image

I think the 450 and 250 will have different plastic in 10 due to the new engine layout/forward airbox on the 450. I bet the 11 250 will get it's new motor and join the 450 with the 450 plastic.

• Goofball1205

Posted July 23, 2009 - 07:42 PM

I don't know if the 250 will. Why would they put all that money into R&D into the new air boot and redoing the carb and the new frame when they would have to change it all next year to put the new motor in? I have heard interviews of mechanics and team engineers saying that the 250s really don't benefit from EFI. They don't draw the power and the extra weight to power it isn't worth it. Just my .02 cents and what I've heard

• jackl4

Posted August 05, 2009 - 02:37 PM

The offset cylinder seems that it will make a dramatic change in the balance point of the bike. I bet this thing will be much more nimble and "throwaroundable" than its predecessors.

Yamaha has traditionally been late to the game with new innovations. I really like what I am seeing but am also not getting my hopes up too high. I would not be surprised if it is a couple of years before we see such stuff hit the showroom floor.

Either way, I'm a big Yamaha fan. I just love their bikes.

• mikedabike

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:13 PM

I don't know if the 250 will. Why would they put all that money into R&D into the new air boot and redoing the carb and the new frame when they would have to change it all next year to put the new motor in? I have heard interviews of mechanics and team engineers saying that the 250s really don't benefit from EFI. They don't draw the power and the extra weight to power it isn't worth it. Just my .02 cents and what I've heard

The new frame is to accommodate the new motor next year. The carb and airboot are no big deal those are the type of updates they do yearly to freshen up a tired design. As far as EFI it is inevitable. It doesn't matter what the engineers and mechanics say the marketing team says it will sell bikes so you will see it sooner than later.

• hillclimbguy

Posted September 02, 2009 - 08:10 PM

Sept 8th we'll find out for sure.

• B-NUTZ

Posted September 03, 2009 - 04:47 AM

I just want to say that yamaha is keeping hush hush for a reason. The new YZ is going to set the standard just like the 400 did in 98. I mingle with a few factory racers, and i can say that most of what you guys have heard about the new 450 is true. It is amazing!!! c'mon sept.8th :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MDSmith

Posted September 03, 2009 - 11:50 AM

That picture has been posted a number of times, including in at least one national magazine. It is one of the most obviously fake, sloppy doctored pictures I can remember seeing.

next Tuesday you will see JS ride one very similar to this...just watch!

• Sider_steve

Posted September 06, 2009 - 08:31 PM

Perfect got my welfare check on the 1st.
Foodstamps will be good to go on the 7th.
And on September 8th Yamaha will unleash the beast!!!!

• FinchFan194

Posted September 06, 2009 - 09:00 PM

The offset cylinder seems that it will make a dramatic change in the balance point of the bike. I bet this thing will be much more nimble and "throwaroundable" than its predecessors.

Yamaha has traditionally been [COLOR="Red"]late to the game with new innovations[/COLOR]

Ya late in the game kinda like developing the worlds most advance 4 stroke MX bike? Did you forget who came out with the YZM400f that Henry rode??

• Sider_steve

Posted September 06, 2009 - 09:05 PM

Did you forget who came out with the YZM400f that Henry rode??

Hey isnt that the bike that made 4 stroke motocross popular???
I also read somewhere today that in 2000 henry raced the 250 against everyone and just told em it was a 400:ride:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted September 06, 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hmmm:thinking: ..."late to the game" as Jack14 puts it....:busted: :thumbsup:

Lets see: First modern 4 stroke mx bike that wasn't copied until 5 years later. First 250f that wasn't copied for 3 years.

Hahhahaahahaha yeah seems Yamaha is real late to join all this innovation stuff :banana: :banana:

• grayracer513

Posted September 06, 2009 - 10:40 PM

I also read somewhere today that in 2000 henry raced the 250 against everyone and just told em it was a 400:ride:

That was Doug Dubach. Hid the new bike right in front of everyone with a pair of stickers.

• Sider_steve

Posted September 06, 2009 - 10:43 PM

I knew it was someone named Doug!!!!!

• Greg_T_M

Posted September 07, 2009 - 05:36 AM

Looks like they completely missed the mark with the new R1 also. Maybe some day they will catch up.

"It's a rare opportunity nowadays to ride a new model as radically changed as the '09 R1. The Crossplane crankshaft completely redefines the character of the inline-four engine..."

• motovita

Posted September 07, 2009 - 06:03 AM

Ya late in the game kinda like developing the worlds most advance 4 stroke MX bike? Did you forget who came out with the YZM400f that Henry rode??

And single shock rear suspension, liquid cooled engine...

• YZEtc

Posted September 07, 2009 - 06:19 AM

YPVS and EXUP, too. :busted:

Can anybody actually log onto the www.yamaha-motor.com site right now?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.