spy photo 2010 yzf 450

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks bad A. I wonder why there going to 4 valves? Are they still gonna have 2 cams?
It's obviously a twin cam. The move to the 4 valve head is being made for a number of reasons, most of them likely related to performance. The triple intake port is extremely difficult to get big power from beyond a certain point.
Wow exhaust has crazy loopdy loop

The exhaust needs to be a certain length for good performance, thus the loop. The head was reversed to allow the intake port to be raised, not to shorten the pipe.

The backwards exhaust will help for alot of the over heating problems that the 450's had. Thats the hole idea with the switch head. Also the carb will be geting colder air because the motor is not heating all the air as it goes by the motor.

Its a great idea, Im very intrested to see how this thing does.

This is great stuff to see. I'm glad to see some innovation coming out of Japan. Seems like the big japanese makers don't take very many risks anymore. This bike looks revolutionary.

I just hope its true.

If it's true...I hope it works.

This is great stuff to see. I'm glad to see some innovation coming out of Japan. Seems like the big japanese makers don't take very many risks anymore. This bike looks revolutionary.

I just hope its true.

If it's true...I hope it works.

Still got 2 wheels, a motor and a seat, looks like fun to me. Im still waiting for one with VSTOL capabilities. This forums going to be busy once the 2010s are out.