easy starting procedure 450's

3 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted March 13, 2003 - 02:55 PM

i just found an easy way for me to start my wr.i used to have to kick it like 10 times for it too start. now i crack the throttle like 10 times hit the e-button 2 times(won't start with button cold) pull the choke out than give her 1 kick. it starts first kick every time now.

• msgbean

Posted March 14, 2003 - 05:57 AM

Thats funny. I think my starting procedure is easier. When cold, pull choke, hit button, one second later its running. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted March 14, 2003 - 06:01 AM

I always use the kicker when it's cold. A couple of full twists of the throttle to prime it, then choke it and go. It's as easy to start as my 02 WR426 was only without the "starting procedure." :) :D

• TWSimpson

Posted March 14, 2003 - 06:04 AM

msgbean, you've got your jetting right and have a fully charged batter.
Thumper, you crack it 10 times? ouch!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.