Ride

No replies to this topic
  • XVWDVW

Posted September 06, 2002 - 09:02 PM

I started out 3 years ago with my first bike riding alone after it sat in my garage for 2 Mo. because I could not get together with any of my friends that ride. Now, through racing and joining a club, I often ride with other people and I am always seeking group riding oportunities, but I would not give up riding alone. Alone there is no dust, I can set my own pace, I don't have to stop every 7 minutes to rest, smoke, chat, regroup. On a good day I get in a rythum with the bike and the terrain and the next thing I know it is getting dark and I have to figure the fastest way back to the truck, but I have found new trails, seen new vistas, and I was going just fast enough to require all of my attention with no thoughts of work, bills, the economy or whatever.
Just as a side note, this also effected my selection of my WR. My first bike was an XR400 and it never missed beat, let alone left me stranded in the dessert. I really wanted a Cannondale E bike, have one set as the backgound of my computer, but even though they seem to be working out the bugs, I just didn't feel I could put myself 20 miles from the closest human on one on a regular basis.
Max

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.