426 Jetting Problems??

3 replies to this topic
  • galant2nr

Posted March 13, 2003 - 09:42 AM

Ok, I have had my 2002 WR426F for about 3 months. I live in Reno, NV (5500'). The bike has run perfect since the day I bought it. It has no silencer and the throttle stop cut since new. All of a sudden, the bike is bogging big time at full-throttle. The plug is good and the aircleaner is clean. Why would the bike suddenly change? How can I get my bike back to normal? I don't want to spend months experimenting with jetting, I just want it to run smooth and strong again. Where do I start? :)

• HaremScarem

Posted March 13, 2003 - 02:51 PM

Sounds like you need a good carb cleaning. Your bike ran fine then all of the sudden, crap. I suspect dirt in the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RSA210

Posted March 13, 2003 - 06:58 PM

Might want to also make sure your vent hoses are clear & not kinked (on carb. & fuel cap) Make sure your fuel is clean and fresh (take a sample & let it settle in a glass jar) Good Luck :)

• Hick

Posted March 13, 2003 - 09:22 PM

Agree w/ the others. You don't have a jetting problem, because you haven't changed the jetting yet the bike now runs differently.

So I'm confused as to why you suspect you need rejetting.

Having said that, stock WR jetting leaves a lot to be desired.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.