please Help

1 reply to this topic
  • dirtbikeshock426

Posted May 30, 2009 - 04:31 PM

So I go ridding today and my 00 yz426 runs like crap and Im not sure why I had it out 2 weeks ago and it was hard to start so I took the carb off cleaned it and then put it back now it acts like it is running rich and after ridding at high R's for a few min it all of a sudden dies and it won't start for a few min it also feels like it is running hot I need help I need to get it working for the race next week

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ranger85

Posted May 30, 2009 - 04:50 PM

Sounds like a jetting problem, and also you may want to check the valve clearance if it hasn't been done lately. If the vavles were to tight it could run fine when cold, but once it warms up you could experience the symptoms you described. And lastly make sure your gas cap vent is venting properly.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.