How to quieten a YZF450 exhaust.

4 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted May 30, 2009 - 09:56 AM

I have a 2005 YZF450 like the one in the pic shown below, what methods have people used to make them quieter? I have a FMF Q pipe but the build quality is complete rubbish. It constantly blows the baffles out and just generally is badly made, poor quality everything!!!!!!!!

What have people done to the stock pipe to reduce the noise?
What are DB dawg's like on these pipes?
Any other mods, I have a workshop so can do some fairly extreme mods to it if they get good results.

Cheers, Lennie. :crazy:

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted May 30, 2009 - 10:57 AM

Both Dubach Racing Development and Pro Billet Moto make replacement end caps for the stock exhaust that allow the use of either a "quiet core" insert, or a spark arrestor. Otherwise, you might try finding a US model exhuast from an '08/'09. They cut mid-range power, though, and so that makes them fairly easy to find for sale, but also not so desirable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lennie

Posted May 30, 2009 - 11:27 AM

Both Dubach Racing Development and Pro Billet Moto make replacement end caps for the stock exhaust that allow the use of either a "quiet core" insert.

Sounds interesting, what sort of db's do the exhaust produce with these?

• grayracer513

Posted May 30, 2009 - 12:54 PM

Low 90's. Contact the manufacturers for the details.

I should note that they are more restrictive than the Q4.

• Lennie

Posted May 31, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Anymore ideas?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.