2007 wr450f valve adjustment

5 replies to this topic
  • Andot09

Posted May 30, 2009 - 04:46 AM

Hi, i recently tried to do a valve adjustment on my wr and found that when pulling the top of the engine case off that covers the cams ( i forgot its proper name) it hits the frame and i cant seem to manage to wiggle it out. I have taken the top engine mount brackets off, the tank and seat, the spark plug and thats about it (apart from a few hoses etc.) I was wondering if there was something else that had to come off or if theres a trick to wiggling it out. I have searched the forum and found nothing about this. Feel free to redirect me if there is a thread on it.

• WR_Dave

Posted May 30, 2009 - 05:48 AM

When removing the valve cover on the aluminum frame 450's you have to sort of angle the cover towards the front, right side of the bike while tilting it downwards as you remove it. It will come out, but it is tight, just take care not to ruin the gasket. :crazy: You may have to move where the wiring harness is sitting as well. Best I can do for you at this point. WR Dave

Posted May 30, 2009 - 06:21 AM

I have the best luck separating the valve cover and the gasket first and taking them off separately. Go back on separately too, the gasket holds it's form and position well.

The manual instructs you to do it otherwise but I disagree:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SAthump

Posted May 30, 2009 - 09:07 AM

[COLOR="Magenta"]That is the hardest part of working on this bike.[/COLOR]

• tribalbc

Posted May 30, 2009 - 08:13 PM

I don't find getting it off too bad but getting it back on's a real bitch :crazy:

• Andot09

Posted May 30, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Haha thanks guys i eventually got it working. It took a fair amount of rocking and force but i got there in the end. Haven't attempted to put it back on yet so not looking forward to that :S.

Thanks a lot

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.