1st post to the yf450forum

11 replies to this topic
  • sconeracing

Posted May 29, 2009 - 01:03 PM

i love my new bike, but it will take some time to get used to it

• grayracer513

Posted May 29, 2009 - 01:49 PM

You can actually do the yellow plastics if you just can't let it go that easy. The '06 stuff for the 50th Anniversary model bolts right up.

If you're setting up for off road, you'll want a skid plate. Devols are pretty good (I have two), and fairly cheap. Scorpion make that has a little better side case coverage. Then there's Lightspeed.

A Scotts damper isn't as necessary as it would have been on your RM, but they are very hard to do without once you've run them for a while.

• Wiz636

Posted May 29, 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hey Scone, not much is needed on the Yami's. You already got rid of the POS sprocket eating stock chain so you are good there. Yamaha has the carbs dialed in pretty good now so you should be okay there also...I have been running the stock jetting and needle position all the way around...just need to go up on the pilot jet when winter rolls around.

• trav

Posted May 29, 2009 - 02:28 PM

are YZs better than RMs?

• sacfelix

Posted May 29, 2009 - 02:28 PM

I would also look into a fly wheel weight.

• Wiz636

Posted May 29, 2009 - 02:36 PM

I should have mentioned that getting your race sag dialed in makes a big difference on these bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trav

Posted May 29, 2009 - 02:39 PM

how fast is a YZ? I might get one if they are really fast.

• Wiz636

Posted May 29, 2009 - 02:56 PM

Oh, you definitely want to re-route your breather tube! Take a look at mine next time we ride.

• Ministry

Posted May 29, 2009 - 04:04 PM

how fast is a YZ? I might get one if they are really fast.

No they are pretty slow. Stick with your Katoom.:crazy:

• trav

Posted May 30, 2009 - 08:58 AM

No they are pretty slow. Stick with your Katoom.:crazy:

OK THEN I AM BUYING AN RM! I HEAR THEY ARE FAST. MY KTM IS ONLY A 250 AND I NEED A FAST 450 4-STROKE

• spc mike

Posted May 30, 2009 - 10:36 PM

OK THEN I AM BUYING AN RM! I HEAR THEY ARE FAST. MY KTM IS ONLY A 250 AND I NEED A FAST 450 4-STROKE

Are you kidding me?:crazy: from reading your post's It seems like you are a 13 year old kid....and stop YELLING!

• TIG88

Posted May 31, 2009 - 08:50 AM

Are you kidding me?:crazy: from reading your post's It seems like you are a 13 year old kid....and stop YELLING!

I was gonna say the same thing. No way that guys 32...:eek:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.