No spark on 2000 WR400

12 replies to this topic
  • spin9

Posted May 29, 2009 - 08:13 AM

I have a wr400 that I am trying to resurrect from the dead. I just rebuilt the motor, but am an electrical idiot. I have a manual for a 03wr but not the 00wr. Any help with a wiring diagram for an 00wr would be great and/or any sugestions on how to trouble shoot not having spark. I have checked all the connections already but do not know any of the voltages or resistance readings to check with a volt meter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• maxtherat

Posted May 29, 2009 - 03:29 PM

Make sure that the kill switch wires are not pinched under the tank causing no spark. This happen to a friend after a YZ rebuild.

• spin9

Posted May 29, 2009 - 03:33 PM

I found a manual for a 99 yz on motoman393's sight. I think that it is close but I can use all the help I can get. Dose any one have a manual for a wr400? Mine is a 2000 All I need is a wiring diagram and the electical inspection pages, I think that it is in chapter 6.

• spin9

Posted May 30, 2009 - 08:00 AM

Ya I checked that I have the tank off and all unnecessary plugs unplugged. I think at this point I need a manual or someone that knows how to trouble shoot this model year bike.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Any other ideas?

• WR_Dave

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:22 AM

Go to the "WR performance index" sticky at the top of the forum and search in WR manuals on pdf. type in your bike info and a WR400f manual is available for download. WR Dave

• spin9

Posted May 31, 2009 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for the info.

I tried to open the pdf file but I get a corrupt file notification every time. It would be nice to have but I already got some copy's from the local dealership.

Dose anyone know what kind of output voltage the stator should be putting out? The manual doesn't say.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spin9

Posted June 02, 2009 - 10:39 AM

Found my problem. The previous owner pulled the flywheel off and when they did they ran the puller bolts in to far and ran one in to the primary coil, cutting into the coil wrap and breaking some of the wires inside.:crazy:

A 300 dollar oops.

Found a place in Canada, Rmstator that I am going to try for repairing the stator.

Let yall know how it comes out.

• mikenash

Posted June 03, 2009 - 05:03 PM

or you can send it to ricky stator in plastow, NH

• SXP

Posted June 03, 2009 - 05:19 PM

Or, you can have my 99 WR400 stator (I upgraded mine to a 120 Watt unit), but it only puts out 80 Watts as opposed to the 120 Watts of the 2000+ bikes. The only downside is that you can't run very bright lights.

Let me know if you want it with your address.

• spin9

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:09 AM

What do you want for it?

• spin9

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:11 AM

I talked to them and they couldn't do it. I also talked to baja designs and a couple of other places as well.RM stator was the only place that said that they would do it.

• SXP

Posted June 04, 2009 - 09:36 AM

What do you want for it?

You can have it. PM me your address.

• spin9

Posted June 11, 2009 - 10:41 AM

I want to thank SXP for the stator. The bike runns great now. Three kicks and we were off and running.

FYI RM stator informed me that the stator for the 2000 WR that I sent them are not repairable, every place in the country that I tried said the same thing.

So thanks again SXP for getting me up and running.:thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.