Losing Gas When Bike is on Side

3 replies to this topic
  • jams229

Posted May 28, 2009 - 12:25 PM

I have a 2007 WR450. Just curious, has anyone rerouted the gas line so gas doesn't spew out while the bike is horizontal. (I spend quite a bit of time on my side... especially when bull dogging down a cliff, or, resting after a get-off.)
Thanks.

• getndirty

Posted May 28, 2009 - 12:30 PM

Carb floats don't work when the carb is turned sideways, since the needle valve isn't closed it's going to keep allowing gas to flow into the bowl and out of the overflow.

If you're going to be bull-dogging down a cliff with the bike off, turn the gas off before you go - same if you like to lay your bike on its side when you're resting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 28, 2009 - 12:48 PM

Carb floats don't work when the carb is turned sideways, since the needle valve isn't closed it's going to keep allowing gas to flow into the bowl and out of the overflow.

If you're going to be bull-dogging down a cliff with the bike off, turn the gas off before you go - same if you like to lay your bike on its side when you're resting.

TRUE DAT:thumbsup:

• jams229

Posted May 28, 2009 - 05:41 PM

Thanks - that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I was not missing something. I used the word "resting" liberally. Basically means after I crash I don't always bounce right back up...:crazy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.