'03 WR450: what would you do next?

14 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 06:39 AM

Looking for just a bit more power.

Already uncorked, jetted, gyt-tipped pipe.

I'm thinking new full exhaust or both cams for more overall power.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 28, 2009 - 07:31 AM

Full exhaust..

• DrzDasher

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:36 AM

All you need is a slip on seeing as you have the yz header but http://www.yoshimura...ull-system.aspx try that , my slip on really wakes up the top end.A yz exhaust cam is alot cheaper. I have one sitting around waiting for desert season. Really wouldn't want it for sss.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:56 AM

All you need is a slip on seeing as you have the yz header

This statement is 100% correct :crazy:

If you want more power, I would look into the YZ450f (03-05) Exhaust cam or a set of hot cams.

Aside from that, you will need to go deeper into the motor for more power...i.e high compression piston or big bore.

If you ask me, the yz cam is the ticket as its the best bang for the buck:thumbsup:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 01:28 PM

All you need is a slip on seeing as you have the yz header but http://www.yoshimura...ull-system.aspx try that , my slip on really wakes up the top end.A yz exhaust cam is alot cheaper. I have one sitting around waiting for desert season. Really wouldn't want it for sss.

How is it that I have a YZ header?
Is it stock on the '03 WR?
If I wanted more bottom end throttle response, then maybe a longer header (DR D) or similar?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 28, 2009 - 02:07 PM

How is it that I have a YZ header?
Is it stock on the '03 WR?

It was stock on all WR :crazy: (until 07+ :eek: )

If I wanted more bottom end throttle response, then maybe a longer header (DR D) or similar?

I wouldn't spend the money on a different header...i would look at the YZ cam

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 02:26 PM

It was stock on all WR :crazy: (until 07+ :eek: )

I wouldn't spend the money on a different header...i would look at the YZ cam

OK, got it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted May 28, 2009 - 02:44 PM

The stock exhaust with even with the GYT insert is really corked up. I would get something better on the bike (i.e. - slip-on) before proceeding further. The cam will really wake up the bike but that exhaust will still hold you back.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 03:48 PM

The stock exhaust with even with the GYT insert is really corked up. I would get something better on the bike (i.e. - slip-on) before proceeding further. The cam will really wake up the bike but that exhaust will still hold you back.

Maybe something like this? Sparkarrestor included.

Seems like a great deal on a new Q4

http://cgi.ebay.com/...alenotsupported

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 28, 2009 - 04:43 PM

I did not realize you still had the stock exhaust with only a GYTR tip :eek:

If your going to get a slip on, I would highly recommend a Dr.D slip on from www.qualitysmart.com this will give you tons of bottom to mid for only 306 bucks :crazy:

EDIT: Here was the original thread I started when I was looking for a pipe for my 06

http://www.thumperta...ht=qualitysmart

Posted Image

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 05:19 PM

I did not realize you still had the stock exhaust with only a GYTR tip :lol:

If your going to get a slip on, I would highly recommend a Dr.D slip on from www.qualitysmart.com this will give you tons of bottom to mid for only 306 bucks :crazy:

EDIT: Here was the original thread I started when I was looking for a pipe for my 06

http://www.thumperta...ht=qualitysmart

Posted Image

Coop

I have the full Stainless system on my X, and I love it. I think the Dr can is just what the Dr ordered.
:eek:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 28, 2009 - 05:24 PM

I think the Dr can is just what the Dr ordered.
:crazy:

10/4 to that :eek:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 06:30 PM

10/4 to that :crazy:

By the way, I should be getting my Smart Performance suspension back soon. Then I can really ride this thing.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 28, 2009 - 06:37 PM

By the way, I should be getting my Smart Performance suspension back soon. Then I can really ride this thing.

If its anything like the job Precision Concepts does down here then I am sure you will be very satisfied :eek:

BTW you will need to post up a phone of the beast when your done with it :crazy:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 07:03 PM

If its anything like the job Precision Concepts does down here then I am sure you will be very satisfied :eek:

BTW you will need to post up a phone of the beast when your done with it :crazy:

...count on it...
It will be complete with:

- recycled YZ plastics (from a dismantler)
- home-made tall seat
- no stickers

I want this thing to be stealthy...........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.