Fork oil help

3 replies to this topic
  • TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted May 28, 2009 - 05:03 AM

Ok I have the little push button air bleeders on my forks, when I had the forks off the bike, one of the air bleeders got depressed and leaked fluid. I do not know the amount of fluid that was lost from the fork, I know that the fork is extremely springy compared to the other. How do I go about correcting the amount of fluid in the fork? I do not want to take the forks back off the bike, is there a way to do it on the bike?

• ww44wrf450f

Posted May 28, 2009 - 05:20 AM

I don't think so. this will show u if u don't no?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • neevothespaniel

Posted May 29, 2009 - 03:48 AM

You should be able to do it. First back rebound all the way out counting so you know what to return it to:

1. Remove handlebars
2. Undo fork caps
3. Push up front wheel and remove fork caps
4. Remove spring
5. Measure fork oil in correct leg and adjust the other one acordingly.
6. Reverse proceedure.

• neevothespaniel

Posted May 29, 2009 - 03:52 AM

When you push up the front wheel you will need to compress the forks fully.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.