Sand riding shock boot....Where?

7 replies to this topic
  • Pozi

Posted September 05, 2002 - 07:13 AM

I am looking for a manufacturer and retail outlet of the shock covers for the 426 to protect the shock from being sand blasted during dunes riding. I have tried the search to no avail. Any and all replies appreciated.

Thank you.

• ddialogue

Posted September 05, 2002 - 07:48 AM

I would like to know too. Also, the rear wheel has a nice matted finish after being sandblasted as well. Is there anything that can be done to protect the wheel finish too?

• Fryboy

Posted September 05, 2002 - 08:04 AM

The company you are looking for is :

A bonus is they are a thumpertalk sponser.

• Dean400

Posted September 05, 2002 - 03:54 PM

Are you talking about the shock or the forks? Outerwears makes covers for 4-wheeler shocks, but not dirtbikes. I had an idea about taking a pair and doubling them up. But, that might be too big.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DR.Zaius

Posted September 05, 2002 - 05:12 PM

Old pair of nylons from the wife and some zip ties, double up on the material to be safe, instant shock wear. Free too! :)

• Pozi

Posted September 06, 2002 - 04:16 AM

You are correct. It is for the shock and not the forks. If I can't find a manufacturer of these I'll most likely make a nylon set, per Dr.Zaius' suggestion, or even one made of neoprene.

• Doug_B.

Posted September 06, 2002 - 04:56 PM

I bought a rear shock cover for a Raptor from my Yamaha dealer for I think about $20. It just has enough diameter to fit the shock on my WR400,(the velcro only overlaps by about a 1/4") but it has survived three trips to the dunes and has not fallen off yet. I have to take the shock of the bike to install it, but I think that is better then sand blasting the shock.

• omnivortex

Posted September 06, 2002 - 06:11 PM

I just cut the mudflap so the paddle doesnt beat it to death...cut it flush with the swingarm...then replace with a new one when you get time you go to the dunes just good

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.