YZ426F Must be quieter!

12 replies to this topic
  • ewd199

Posted May 27, 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi, I just bought a 02 YZ426F and it has a D&D Titanium exhaust on it that is primarily made for performance and it is way to loud! I live around a lot of people so I need the bike to be as quiet as possible. Please provide any type of exhaust that will due the best job. Thanks

• ROCKMOUNTAINTHUMPER

Posted May 27, 2009 - 02:25 PM

Don't ride around your neighborhood:smirk: I own a 426, they are a noisy beast by nature.

• JamesNad

Posted May 27, 2009 - 03:01 PM

i just put a fmf ti-powercore on my 04 450 and with the spark arrester in it, it sounds equal to stock, and they make quiet inserts for it,

or they make the q4 with baffles and stuff to make a quiet exhaust

• keegan1014

Posted May 27, 2009 - 04:50 PM

ENJOY it I do

• 642MX

Posted May 27, 2009 - 04:57 PM

Look into the FMF Q series (also, the FMF power bomb header drops the noise about 1 dB). The Q series are quiet up to a point, but the 426's (along with all big bore 4 strokes) are just loud.

Welcome to TT! :crazy:

• yamaha racing 230

Posted May 27, 2009 - 05:17 PM

Hi, I just bought a 02 YZ426F and it has a D&D Titanium exhaust on it that is primarily made for performance and it is way to loud! I live around a lot of people so I need the bike to be as quiet as possible. Please provide any type of exhaust that will due the best job. Thanks

a fmf q will work well or mod up a stock WR muffler will be even quiter , were maryland are u at ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ewd199

Posted May 28, 2009 - 04:34 AM

Okay thanks, but is this a whole system or does it slip on to the pipe I have now? If it does just slip on, will itt fit on the one I have now? Are all the pipe sizes standard?

• aj_yz426

Posted May 28, 2009 - 05:02 AM

Does the D&D endcap have bolts so it can be removed? Reason I ask is you could possibly make a quiet insert that might help lower noise levels before spending a lot on a new system. I made one that seems to work OK, but I have a Dr.D SA endcap that is designed to fit a quiet insert, I just made a cone shaped tube that resembles the Dr.D quiet insert pictured below.
Posted Image

• ewd199

Posted May 28, 2009 - 06:13 AM

No it does not have bolts on the end to be removed, but it can be seperated from the pipe by an o-ring.

• ewd199

Posted August 08, 2009 - 07:23 AM

I just got caught by the cops the other day because of the 426's loudness, I was in the middle of no where surrounded by hundreds of trees and some jerk still could here me and called the cops, I got a freaking sitation! People have told me its the loudest bike they have ever heard, now that I finaly got caught, I need to get serious about this exhaust. Would I be able to pack the exhaust I have now because its just empty? And when change the exhaust system do you have to rejet the bike?

• e30M3

Posted August 09, 2009 - 06:21 AM

[COLOR="Red"]Can the FMF Q-Series be heard from far away[/COLOR]. I just got caught by the cops the other day because of the 426's loudness, I was in the middle of no where surrounded by hundreds of trees and some jerk still could here me and called the cops, I got a freaking sitation! People have told me its the loudest bike they have ever heard, now that I finaly got caught, I need to get serious about this exhaust. Would I be able to pack the exhaust I have now because its just empty? And when change the exhaust system do you have to rejet the bike?

I have a Q2 and it is pretty quite. Remember though, in the middle of trees that thing can still echo...

• deadtokevin

Posted August 09, 2009 - 08:41 AM

ENJOY it I do

Not everyone wants to hear a screaming bike.

Repack the silencer? I'm facing this problem with my 400 and I put the insert in it. It's my first 4 stroke after some time away from the sport and dang is it loud

• offroadrider12

Posted August 09, 2009 - 10:44 AM

Any FMF Q series exhaust will be much quieter than that D&D exhaust. She'll still bark a little, but nothing like that D&D. You may also want to look into Lexx brand exhaust from rocky mountain atv, I have no experience with them, but have heard good things.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.