2007 Wr 450F Fork Vibration

8 replies to this topic
  • bradsind

Posted May 26, 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hi,

I had a leaky seal on my 2007 Wr 45oF and just had the seals replaced and the oil changed. Before I had this work done I had a vibration upon compression that would come and go. The vibration comes and goes still, several times in one ride. I ride mostly 1-3 gear in the woods with stock settings. I'm 165 lbs, and feel that the suspension is plush (maybe too plush), but it eats up the chop pretty well. I think that I probably should increase the compression dampening, but don't know if that could possibly relate to my bad vibe. Any thoughts????

• graazzy

Posted May 27, 2009 - 06:08 AM

Front wheel out of balance?

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 27, 2009 - 07:49 AM

You need to describe this vibration a little better...

AND... Are you sure it's not caused by the front brake?

• bradsind

Posted May 27, 2009 - 04:32 PM

The wheel is not out of balance, and the vibration will even happen sitting still if I lock the front brake and compress the shocks. The vibration is a semi-high pitched one and you can feel it slightly in the bars.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • graazzy

Posted May 27, 2009 - 05:03 PM

The wheel is not out of balance, and the vibration will even happen sitting still if I lock the front brake and compress the shocks. The vibration is a semi-high pitched one and you can feel it slightly in the bars.

Mmmmmm.?

• IBLucky

Posted May 27, 2009 - 05:16 PM

This has happened to me too, once in a great while I get a bit of a chatter or hum and some vibration but it only happens on the compression and it has a liitle hum with it? once maybe every other ride I go on, i was thinking I needed to loosen the triple clamps and realign the forks so they weren't binding.
I was not sure but I think I read it on here somewhere to do that.

• IBLucky

Posted May 27, 2009 - 05:17 PM

Oh yea, I have an 07 too

• HTElectrical

Posted May 27, 2009 - 07:10 PM

Sounds like you could need to align your forks. They can bind if the forks are not aligned when you install the front wheel. It could also be that you need new bushings in your forks. Do a search for aligning front forks and start from there. Here is one of many links. On my WR I also noticed that the speedometer hub needed to be centered to keep it from binding the free movement of the axle.

http://www.thumperta...710#post4614710

• IBLucky

Posted May 27, 2009 - 09:08 PM

I never have checked, but it does seem pretty easy to do' thanks for the info!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.