Pro Moto Billet End Cap Question

5 replies to this topic
  • Andot09

Posted May 26, 2009 - 03:02 AM

Hi, ive recently purchased a 2007 wr450f. I was just wondering if putting this Pro moto billet performance insert (http://shop.thumpert....b_wrinsert.htm) would warrant me to change to a richer jetting? Or would it not open the exhaust up enough to worry about? Anyway thanks a lot and if there is another post on here asking this that i missed in my searches feel free to redirect.
Thanks

• ww44wrf450f

Posted May 26, 2009 - 05:07 AM

Not shure of the factory jetting on an 07, the wr's are lean from the get go, you could look up jetting spec's at the beginning of the wr forum and what other's have jetted to in your area?, what other mod's have you done?
If you have done the ais, air box mod's, grey wire, yz or jd needle? and with the insirt I beleave a 168 would be a good starting point?
I have an 06 that I purchased new last summer, and I'm at the piping stage, what to do?$$$ Found a great buy on a complete Dr.D system, or do I gut the stocker? and a jd jetting kit to save time and hassle and have some jet's on hand? :crazy: check this link out on carb troubleshooting.

http://www.maultecha...bleshooting.php

• BAHeron

Posted May 26, 2009 - 06:45 AM

Hi, ive recently purchased a 2007 wr450f. I was just wondering if putting this Pro moto billet performance insert (http://shop.thumpert....b_wrinsert.htm) would warrant me to change to a richer jetting? Or would it not open the exhaust up enough to worry about? Anyway thanks a lot and if there is another post on here asking this that i missed in my searches feel free to redirect.
Thanks

I put one of those inserts in my 00' WR and it made a big difference, no re-jetting needed. It's still in that bike, 9 yrs later. So i would say go for it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:39 AM

I put one of those inserts in my 00' WR and it made a big difference, no re-jetting needed. It's still in that bike, 9 yrs later. So i would say go for it.

Same here. If it is jetted right in the first place, the end cap should not affect it at all.

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 26, 2009 - 06:43 PM

By itself it doesn't tweak the jetting that much. With an open airbox and high flow air filter it needs one step fatter on the main.

• Andot09

Posted May 27, 2009 - 12:43 AM

Thanks heaps for that. Ive only ever had bad experiences with jetting 2 strokes so i wasn't going to be real keen on trying again. I only plan on pulling the grey wire eventually. Im pretty sure aussie bikes dont come with ais or at least 99% dont have them so thats not an issue.
Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.