Wildlife topic/ To those who replied

34 replies to this topic
  • Encinitas_CA

Posted September 04, 2002 - 07:03 PM

Guys,

Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot...many of the replies we gave were exactly what environmentalist need to close-off more of our riding areas. Please do not joke around about killing wildlife. If anything, we need to demonstrate that we can co-exist...not that we relish killing animals.

I don't want to sound alarmist, but I'm begining to wonder who "really" prompted the wildlife and Quad abuse topics. Both questions seem to solicit information to the benefit of environmental groups like the Sierra Club, Southwest Center for Biological Diversity, etc.

• lewichris

Posted September 05, 2002 - 04:12 AM

hey we hunt and we kill animals. with our bikes we are just using a different weapon. Nost the critters that are killed dont have a specific season. lol But i hear what your saying.

• yznvegas

Posted September 05, 2002 - 04:23 AM

Lewichris, I hope that was a joke.

Didn't your dad ever teach you that if you kill an animal you eat it. My grand dad did and he was very serious about it. There is no reason to make remarks such as yours so please edit or delete your post.

The enviro-nazis would love to cut and paste something like that as an example of "those careless selfish littering killing dirtbikers".

• YAMAKAZE

Posted September 05, 2002 - 04:45 AM

WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA GUY'S

Bonzai :)

• lewichris

Posted September 05, 2002 - 07:15 AM

Originally posted by yznvegas:
Lewichris, I hope that was a joke.

Didn't your dad ever teach you that if you kill an animal you eat it. My grand dad did and he was very serious about it. There is no reason to make remarks such as yours so please edit or delete your post.

The enviro-nazis would love to cut and paste something like that as an example of "those careless selfish littering killing dirtbikers".

yea i eat everything that i kill. Except for the rodents, the coyotes that kill our chickens, The skunks that eat our chicken eggs. i aint going to kill them and eat them. I will just kill them. Dont even lecture me about hunting ethics. i teach hunters safty here in idaho and so does my dad. If you want to preach come to idaho first and see what it is like. Lot different then vegas. I will not delete or edit a thing.

[ September 05, 2002, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: lewichris ]

• yznvegas

Posted September 05, 2002 - 08:30 AM

posted by Lewischris: "hey we hunt and we kill animals. with our bikes we are just using a different weapon. Nost the critters that are killed dont have a specific season. lol"

All I can say is I don't care what state you live in, if you teach hunting classes they should pull your license!!! :) :D

• lewichris

Posted September 05, 2002 - 08:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yznvegas:
[qb]posted by Lewischris: "hey we hunt and we kill animals. with our bikes we are just using a different weapon. Nost the critters that are killed dont have a specific season. lol"

All I can say is I don't care what state you live in, if you teach hunting classes they should pull your license!!! :) :D [/qb

GOOD LORD GET THIS GUY SOME PROZAC.

[ September 05, 2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: lewichris ]

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted September 05, 2002 - 09:46 PM

Dude,

We kill animals for lots of reasons. They're animals for goodness sakes. But no one here, in seriousness, is going to intentionally kill non-varmit animals with a dirt bike.

If a guy in Idaho kills a fox in the henhouse, fine. I have a lot less concern about this than chasing deer with a dirt bike. Just concern, his business not mine. Might mention it but I don't have a place telling him what he should do.

I do think it matters how the public perceives us. I think the commercial for the video game that started this family of posts is bad for our image. It's not the devil incarnate, but I wish they wouldn't advertise it. Or even publish it. Again, just a wish.

Torturing animals is sick. Killing animals just for the fun of running them down is sick. Chasing animals on a dirt bike isn't torture but its a distant cousin. If there's a reason to kill an animal, I don't care how you do it but more humanely is better than less humanely every time.

Its not a crime just because an animal dies,
mwc

• yznvegas

Posted September 05, 2002 - 09:54 PM

Mark, I never I said I had issue with him killing a thieving fox. I have issue with him stating he uses his dirtbike to hunt animals even out of season.

• lewichris

Posted September 05, 2002 - 10:20 AM

you understood me all wrong dude. I ment that if i am riding down a trail and i hit a sparrow. Whell hell i am sorry for doing that but there is not a hunting season for a sparrow. If i hit a grouse out of season i did it using my bike. Didn't mean but my bike was the weapon. Was not on purpose. but i did stop and give it a proper burial. :) So you took what i said and went with your anger about being deprived in some way and turned it around. So take a preson 's opnion for what it is worth. it is an opinion. No need to blurt out things and get upset about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_Cantrell

Posted September 05, 2002 - 10:53 AM

I didn't think he was intentionally hunting with his dirt bike. I see road kill all the time without seeing guilty drivers. Accidents.

mwc

• BigDesto

Posted September 05, 2002 - 11:04 AM

We sometimes like to chase jack rabbits in the desert,and i can honestly say that we have never ran one over! or realy come that close! I've hit a couple of rattlesnakes, but if i could avoid them i will,why chance getting bit!Only ants and stinkbugs,
i think that's about it.

• racemile

Posted September 05, 2002 - 11:12 AM

here we go again....

Yip, Yip, Yip

Race

• Sweet_on_my_WR__426

Posted September 05, 2002 - 11:19 AM

Maybe, let this one (topic) go,before it gets out of hand. Like nattering women......... :)
Just a thought.

[ September 05, 2002, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Sweet on my_WR_ 426 ]

• neWRiver

Posted September 05, 2002 - 11:23 AM

Just a thought, but maybe vegas is a bit sensitive to the image of hunters that is created by a remark that might seem like a careless attitude toward taking game. Kinda like the subject of this whole debate. Sometimes it becomes more of an issue about how people interpret what was said rather than what their true intention was in saying it.

Personally, I don't mind the yip, yip, yip so much. But I sure hate to see someone become offended over what might just be a misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Peace. :)

• racemile

Posted September 05, 2002 - 11:31 AM

IMO,

hhmmmm subjects that yzn is not sensitive about....................uh....can't really think of one at this point....sorry?

subjects that yzn has an opinion on....All of them!!

and thats ok to but, number of times yzn calls someone a moron, etc......most of the time.

Just my opinion, it gets old.

Whaddya think Yzn??

Race

• yznvegas

Posted September 05, 2002 - 11:47 AM

What do I think?

Find where I called someone a moron here?

• racemile

Posted September 05, 2002 - 12:34 PM

Yzn,

I dont have that kind of time.....I want to ride next summer, but, maybe you should look back at your posts. Maybe my point with you will be a little clearer.

Race

• lewichris

Posted September 05, 2002 - 12:44 PM

TIMMMMMMMMMMMY

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 05, 2002 - 02:55 PM

I just read the wildlife post in question and didn't see anything that could be used against us. I think some people are over reacting.

On a lighter note: Coming back from the rifle range last Sunday, had to sight in the rifle for my deer hunting trip in a couple of weeks, I saw what appeared to be a father & son rounding up their dairy(?) cattle on - are you ready for this - dirtbikes. OMG call the SPCA & PETA. What were they thinking using those machines of death & destruction for a purpose like that.

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.