i dont want to bottom out no more

24 replies to this topic
  • PowerBomb

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:51 AM

Just a thought:

Who benefits from telling you to buy aftermarket springs and valves rather than buying stock YZ components...?

• davidl9999

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:39 AM

Just a thought:
Who benefits from telling you to buy aftermarket springs and valves rather than buying stock YZ components...?

Certainly the 3rd party vendors. But really it's kind of a moot point. If the stock WR fork tuning sucks (and imo it does), then you're really stuck with respringing and revalving the forks (and shock). Plus, unless you're about 150 lbs, then you need to change the springs anyway. Will I buy someone's lighter-than-factory spring if I know it works? Everytime! :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerBomb

Posted May 28, 2009 - 03:21 PM

I guess I was just suggesting that getting advice form Racetech may be a bit biased. Although, if it were me, I would respring and revalve too.

• erickdj

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:35 PM

I have a wr with yz forks & shock, so I thought I would give my $.02 on the matter. First I'll state the obvious: stock wr suspension BLOWS, plain and simple. YZ forks & shock do a wonderful job on the WR, in the desert, trails, woods, and jumps. I never bothered to modify the stock wr components, it just didn't make sense to me to spend the money on something I knew was inferior to yz suspension. I got a mint condition full yz suspension for less than I would have paid to revalve/respring the wr forks. Really quick and simple plug 'n play operation. My advice would be that if you can find a good yz suspension at a reasonable price, go for it. Otherwise, your only option is to modify the stock wr stuff. I know the wr components can be modified to be quite good, but I struggle to believe they can be anywhere near as good as yz suspension.

• srfdwg2

Posted May 29, 2009 - 02:32 PM

I have all the goodies for that wr"thumpers"send me an im.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.