Pc racing SS FLO oil filter gasket?

13 replies to this topic
  • spc mike

Posted May 24, 2009 - 06:36 PM

I just got my pc racing ss oil filter and it doesnt come with two gasket on the filter like oem would have. It only has the one on the side facing/mating with the oil filter cover and not the one facing the engine case.

So iam just wondering if it was critical to have a gasket on the engine case side?

• grayracer513

Posted May 24, 2009 - 08:42 PM

In the case of the Scotts SS Mesh filter, no base pad is used on the filter, and none is required. It is not a gasket or seal in the true sense, since it doesn't seal anything. It is needed with the paper filters so that they will hold against the cover without crushing. I can't say for sure if all of the cheap copycat filters are built that way, but the Scotts is.

• spc mike

Posted May 24, 2009 - 09:07 PM

Thats what i needed to know. Thank you! Also do you have a few pictures of your scotts so that i can compare it to my PC?

• grayracer513

Posted May 24, 2009 - 09:37 PM

No, I don't. :doh:

• 12bruckd

Posted June 07, 2011 - 03:51 PM

i just ordered a pc racing flo ss oil filter, and was wondering if you think this is a quality product or not? or do you think the scotts is considerably better? thanks for any input you may have.

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:06 PM

I've never seen one. How much did it cost?

• 12bruckd

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:16 PM

it was 30$ heres the link http://www.motosport...LTER/?id=117170

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:25 PM

I don't know. Looks like stamped end frames rather the machined ends on the Scotts. Probably made in China on the same assembly line with a bunch of the other knock-offs.

• 12bruckd

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:29 PM

would it still filter better than a paper filter?, or do you think i should return this and get the scotts?

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:36 PM

Assuming it performs as it is claimed to, it will filter differently than paper, and I think better (Read: http://www.thumperta...297#post4676297 )

Whether it's as good as a Scotts is dubious. I suppose it's possible that it doesn't need to be. For me, I would have gone with a Scotts to begin with, but you have to decide that.

• 12bruckd

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:41 PM

Ok thanks gray, I highly value your opinion, and I will seriously consider the scotts oil filter. Does the tt store sell the scotts?

• 12bruckd

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:50 PM

the more i look at it the more i like the scotts, being made in the USA helps too. i think i will order that when my 450 is due for an oil change. thanks for all of your help gray.

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2011 - 05:34 PM

The TT store sell them, but you may have to call and ask for it.

• salemonkey

Posted June 08, 2011 - 02:24 PM

i have the same ss oil filter you have. and it didnt come with the extra rubber plug on the end side. at first i was worried till i found out the scotts doesnt have one either. i would of went scotts filter but i didnt find it on tt store and quick search on ebay and google didnt pop anything up for the 426/450. after i bought mine i found the web site lol. probably in the future ill buy theres but for now the pc flow is working just fine and seems to be manufactured decent(not saying it compares to scott quality sense i havent seen one) but i have already cleaned it seveal times and it looks exactly the same from the day i bought it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.