15 tooth sprocket on a WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • NMNORGE

Posted May 24, 2009 - 11:28 AM

I would like to get a 15 counter shaft sprocket for open desert riding, but it sure looks like a super tight fit with case guard and chain guide at the front of the swing arm. Is going to a 15 doable without interference?

• kelldog

Posted May 24, 2009 - 04:32 PM

It fits fine I have one on mine!

• muddza

Posted May 24, 2009 - 06:28 PM

I fabricated a new counter sprocket guard from a piece of 3mm alloy I had layin around in the shed... I traced the old one and then trimmed a little off the inside to allow the sprocket and chain to run freely... I can swap sprockets over now and maintain the 50 rear sprocket without changing chains... Your gunna love the 15 tooth mate... top speed around 175klmh down the beach... yeeeeew... Don't know exact cruising RPM at 100klmh but its certainly nice and lo... :doh:

• DIX

Posted May 25, 2009 - 07:15 AM

15 works without modification.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450FGreg

Posted May 28, 2009 - 11:35 AM

I use a 15 on mine when the motard wheels are on it.

Yes, its a tight fit, but it does go on and (just) clear the chain guard on the swingarm.

Greg

• MCMEYER

Posted May 28, 2009 - 04:55 PM

I fabricated a new counter sprocket guard from a piece of 3mm alloy I had layin around in the shed... I traced the old one and then trimmed a little off the inside to allow the sprocket and chain to run freely... I can swap sprockets over now and maintain the 50 rear sprocket without changing chains... Your gunna love the 15 tooth mate... top speed around 175klmh down the beach... yeeeeew... Don't know exact cruising RPM at 100klmh but its certainly nice and lo... :crazy:

Whaatt...???!!:lol: :eek: 175 km/h with a 450 !!!??? my God...!!! A few years ago I get it to 164km/h => GPS (on a long dirt road) with my old TT600 geared to moon.... (16/48) and thats it... I will never doing again.. on dirt.

• NMNORGE

Posted May 28, 2009 - 07:32 PM

I use a 15 on mine when the motard wheels are on it.

Yes, its a tight fit, but it does go on and (just) clear the chain guard on the swingarm.

Greg

Thanks, I'll order one from motosport.:crazy:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 28, 2009 - 07:36 PM

Thanks, I'll order one from motosport.:crazy:

I used the stock steel case guard, and just elongated the mount holes to slide the protector over about 1 mm for plenty of clearance.

• WR450FGreg

Posted May 29, 2009 - 12:34 AM

I used the stock steel case guard, and just elongated the mount holes to slide the protector over about 1 mm for plenty of clearance.

Yes, me too, sorry .... forgot to mention that!

Cheers,
Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.