Has anyone tried this?

13 replies to this topic
  • abou_l_simm

Posted May 24, 2009 - 11:18 AM

Has anyone tried this kit from these guys on a 07 YZ450F???

http://www.proracing...ighting_yzf.htm

Thanks,

• B_DRZ

Posted May 24, 2009 - 01:47 PM

Thats pretty cool, too bad its not all white.

• abou_l_simm

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:38 AM

They do actually have all the colors!!! :crazy:

• Wiz636

Posted May 26, 2009 - 12:01 PM

Are you sure it works on the '06+ YZ's? How many watts are they claiming their stator produces?

• grayracer513

Posted May 26, 2009 - 12:45 PM

It will be the same Electrex POJ stator everyone else has tried to use. 55w AC, 35w DC, 3-7 hours run time before the stator fails.

• abou_l_simm

Posted May 27, 2009 - 01:30 AM

He did say the stator output is 50w, I asked him specifically if this was an Electrex or Moose stator and he still didn't answer me.

I'll update when I get an answer.

• B_DRZ

Posted May 27, 2009 - 07:21 PM

It will be the same Electrex POJ stator everyone else has tried to use. 55w AC, 35w DC, 3-7 hours run time before the stator fails.

Not cool :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 27, 2009 - 07:26 PM

Not cool :crazy:

What's not cool? The fact that there exists an unreliable product for which people pay too much money, or saying so?

• MX1967

Posted May 27, 2009 - 07:33 PM

What's not cool? The fact that there exists an unreliable product for which people pay too much money, or saying so?

Umm...it's obvious he's saying the product is not cool.

• abou_l_simm

Posted May 28, 2009 - 11:40 AM

so what is the BEST 50W stator to use then?

• grayracer513

Posted May 28, 2009 - 01:09 PM

At present, there isn't one I would recommend at all. Not for the YZ450.

• B_DRZ

Posted May 28, 2009 - 07:08 PM

Product not cool, I trust you Grayracer, I have been here for a while and read lots of your posts.

• grayracer513

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:06 PM

To expand on the issue a little, there is apparently, based in large part on reports posted here, only one stator being made for the '06+ YZ450 that has lighting coils, although it is marketed under several names. Under any name, it has received less than favorable reviews regarding reliability. If you buy one, shop based on who will stand behind it best, and not just the part, but the collateral damage as well. At least one member lost a CDI when one of these jewels went bad.

If there is anything factually incorrect about the above, someone with good info please step up and post it.

• LumpyBoy

Posted May 31, 2009 - 06:27 PM

Nick at Proracing specifically stated that their stator is not Electrex/Moose/Electrosport. But their FWs are. But who knows. I have both a Moose and a Proracing. Time will tell if they fail but for now I plan to carry a spare ignition cover with a stator in it ready to swap out by the side of the road if need be. Pathetic, but reality. If I do have a failure, I will split the cases and put in the WR set up.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.