Squeaking in TTR-125 rear suspension?

6 replies to this topic
  • Aossowski

Posted May 24, 2009 - 06:05 AM

Everytime i sit down on my bike it squeaks. It's coming from the rear shock. I'm not sure what to do from here on. Should i take the bike apart and clean/grease/lube everything up? Anything help appreciated!

• Gani_riders

Posted May 24, 2009 - 06:13 AM

wouldnt hurt. It did it to my siters 80 once i just sprayed some lube in there as a temporary fix.

• YamaLink

Posted May 24, 2009 - 07:51 AM

It is a good idea; make sure you properly torque the pivot bolts/nuts when all is said and done.

• Chickenhauler

Posted May 24, 2009 - 06:17 PM

Everytime i sit down on my bike it squeaks. It's coming from the rear shock. I'm not sure what to do from here on. Should i take the bike apart and clean/grease/lube everything up? Anything help appreciated!

Yes, but insert "inspect for rust/deterioration of the bearings" immediately after "take bike apart"....the bearings are probably toast.

• se376th

Posted May 25, 2009 - 04:22 PM

just spray some deep penetrating lube or even just wd 40 around the shock and swingarm. if this doesnt help then you may need to replace the bushings.

• scalejockey

Posted May 25, 2009 - 04:30 PM

This is the last time i heard a squeek in the rear of my bike..
Posted Image

• Aossowski

Posted June 21, 2009 - 06:47 AM

Thanks everybody! I took the rear linkage apart and found the bearings dry. I greased them up and everything is running smooth.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.