help plz!! i got some questions

2 replies to this topic
  • yzf426f

Posted May 24, 2009 - 05:15 AM

hey guys.the other week i drained my engine oil and i have not put any back in it since i will be taking it to the shop.i was wondering if this could damage the engine in ay way.also i was wondering any 1 can give me an advice on inspecting the impeller shaft.wat to look for?and how much play should they only have each way.cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 24, 2009 - 06:45 AM

The engine won't be damaged by having no oil as long as no one runs it that way. Be sure you tell the shop, and it would be a good idea to hang a BIG tag on it that says "NO OIL IN ENGINE", just to be sure no one misses the message.

There's no particular clearance or end play spec on the impeller shaft. What you are looking for is a groove worn into it by the coolant seal. The seal will leave a bright ring on the shaft, and if this ring is visibly worn into the shaft, or is deep enough to be felt with a fingernail, the shaft should be replaced.

Also inspect the bearing at the right end of the counter balancer shaft:

• yzf426f

Posted May 24, 2009 - 11:56 PM

ok thankz gray

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.