Bars,clamps,etc...

3 replies to this topic
  • Will450

Posted March 12, 2003 - 04:11 AM

If you wern't going to put a stabilizer on right away what bars and top clamp would you recommend for some one about 6' 1" and still have the option to go stabilizer later on.
I have a new WR450 as of yesterday!
I'm a novice 46 yr old trail rider as of right now and do not know if I'll ever race so not sure if I will benifit from a steering stabilzer. Am I correct?

• endurodog

Posted March 12, 2003 - 04:16 AM

Well a steering stabilizer isn't a racing item, it's safety item, IMHO. Racers use them because they can go a little faster and stay in control. Trail riders use them for that reason or just because they want to be a little safer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Will450

Posted March 12, 2003 - 04:33 AM

In that case,do you think the setup that Scotts has with the complete system; Pro Tapers, triple clamp and stabilizer is the way to go?
They claim you save about a $100 by buying the system over individual components.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 12, 2003 - 04:54 PM

You wont go wrong with that package. Add the damper any time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.