anyone know HP?

4 replies to this topic
  • TonyRomero

Posted September 04, 2002 - 08:42 AM

I found a good deal on a 99' TTR 225 ($1500). I am going to buy it so I can have non riding friends who are beginners ride it. Also I think it will be amusing because of course the TTR is weak compared to the big XR's and DRZ's and the entertainment value alone of watching a hapless beginner being swallowed by a tidal wave of roost on the lowly TTR makes it worth the purchase price. Anyone know off hand how much HP the TTR has?

• Jekel

Posted September 04, 2002 - 01:26 PM

Slim to none :) :D :D I just know I had a riot roosting one on my track one day. I think the suspension and such really holds back what power it does make. A ttr250 would be the way to go. My wife has one and it is a great bike to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TonyRomero

Posted September 05, 2002 - 04:11 AM

That is exactly why I want the 225! The whole idea is to put the "victim" on inferior underpowered, under suspensioned equipment.

• AZWR426

Posted September 08, 2002 - 07:12 PM

So is that what it takes to win?

[ September 08, 2002, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: AZWR426 ]

• padykman

Posted September 09, 2002 - 05:51 AM

I have taught several people to ride on a ttr125 and it is a great bike. Carries adults over anything a beginner wants and won't be a boat anchor to sell. The ttr125's are a much more versatile bike imo.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.