1998 WR 400 white foam coming from crank vent hose was not coolant

No replies to this topic
  • biohazrd

Posted May 23, 2009 - 08:25 AM

a while back I started getting the dreaded "white foam" from my crankcase vent hose. ok step one leak down test -passed, step two mark coolant tank, not using coolant. step three, replace waterpump seals. yep ,still white foam :doh: so, the day before i'm gonna change out the head and barrel gaskets, my beloved WR dies .:snore: but wait, it gets better,it died because I was dumb enough to not check all my carb vent hoses for mud daubber wasp pupae:worthy: the smaller the enemy the harder to fight.so how does this come back to white foam? my DEALER service dude notices that I had put a tank vent check valve in the tank vent line:bonk: I guess the newer fuels make a high enough pressure to over power even the stoutest of needle float valves.I wondered why I never noticed that the foam smelled like gas.:lol: I changed it out and the foam went away.I had wondered where the TPS miss had gone off to.... now it's back:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.