jetting need quik answer

No replies to this topic
  • Kawirider37

Posted May 22, 2009 - 07:27 PM

I posted this in the jetting section but my bike is apart and I need a quik answer.

I Think I need to adjust my needle jet, but don't know if I need to make it leaner or richer. I live at 4700 feet and the temps are around 85-100f. Here's what it's doing. When the bike is on a stand in neutral, I try and blip the throttle. The bike boggs and will die if you don't let up. While riding, I'll be coming around a turn in second gear, Hit the apex of the turn and get ready to really get on the gas and it just boggs/ falls flat on it's face. Then out of nowhere, when I'm about to hit the handlebars, the bike picks back up and flys. So is this a lean condition or rich? There's no popping or backfiring and the plug looks fine.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.